Sinequan User Reviews

Sinequan - User Reviews

Sinequan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sinequan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: (Patient) Published: June 09

I was prescribed this medication after the death of my mother and my divorce. This medication did not help me at all. I am not happy with the excessive weight gain. With all the exercise and dieting the weight will not come off. What a waste taking this medicine

Comment from: mimi, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 28

I used to have agorophobia, and not want to leave my "comfort zone", but I am finally free. I use sinequan with xanax.

Related Reading: xanax

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

I just started taking it two weeks ago so I don't if it has had enough time to get in my system. So far it has been ok.

Comment from: on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 08

Constipation

Related Reading: Constipation

Comment from: glnrowan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 30

Very effective at calming and beginning the sleep cycle. No side effects at all. Now taking 150-200mg nightly. Lost 25 lbs from not doing nervous eating and getting better sleep.

Comment from: Rod, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 01

I have been taking Sinequan for 25 years. Started out with 25mg and increased dosage through the years to 150mg one capsule 2 hours before bed time. I was prescriped this drug by an orthopedic surgeon for lower back pain. I have not gained any weight as a result of it's usage all these years and it simple gave me my life back. I tried several times through the years to cut the dosage back but as soon as it got to low, say 50-100mg by back pain would come back and I would be unable to walk and would become bedridden. I've had not any adverse effects from this drug and plan on taking it for life. I have not had any adverse effect with this medine mixing with any other medicines.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: capless, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 20

I had my first episode of severe depression/anxiety in 1992. Several anti-depressents were tried and a combination of Prozac and Doxepin seemed to work. After a few weeks my anxiety level began to intensify. The Prozac was "over-stimulating" and discontinued. I remained on the Doxepin and my anxiety decreased and my mood significantly improved. Through the years I have had trials with the newer drugs (SSRI) and the side effects were awful. Doxepin is the only one in the TCA class that works for me. The weight gain is an annoying problem but I don't think I'd be alive to worry about it if I didn't take this med.

Related Reading: Prozac

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 12

I have been on Doxepin ie; Sinequan for approximately 15 hrs. It has some side effects that I have to tolerate in order to get the benefits of the antihistamine for edema and hives. Since these episodes have sent me to the ER/ICU on many occasions with my throat swollen shut I consider the below listed side effects to be tolerable although irritating. Daily: dry mouth, sleep disturbances; both nightmares, insomnia and drowsiness, (yes those often contradict themselves), extreme heartburn if taken and immediately lay down, blurred vision, slowed speech, appearance of intoxication. However, if you are in need as I am, the side effects are the lesser of two evils.

Related Reading: edema | hives | nightmares

Comment from: AJP, 45-54 (Patient) Published: January 23

I was put on 125 mg of Sinequan for insomnia and anxiety two weeks after a death in the family. A mild tranquilizer and sleeping pill would have been much better and effective. Side effects: Extreme fatigue, weight gain of about 60 lbs in a month, made my nose so dry that it started bleeding, and worst of all, developed Restless Legs Syndrome, which is now chronic. I would avoid this drug entirely or at least ask for a low dose of it.

Related Reading: insomnia | fatigue