Singulair User Reviews

Singulair - User Reviews

Singulair User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Singulair sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

I thought my absolute drain of energy, feelings of weakness, heart palpatations, and depression were due to health problems I was having. I finally got smart and read the side effects and quit taking this med. I immediately got better. Heart palpatations stopped, got tons of energy back. When we are on meds, sometimes we forget how we felt before we started taking them, especially if we are dealing with other health issues. Please read the physcription descriptions before taking any med, maybe even keep a journal when start taking a new med. Good luck and God Bless.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: ANGELA C., 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 19

THIS MEDICINE SHOULD NOT BE USED ON CHILDREN!!! MY 5 YEAR OLD SON HAS BEEN ON THIS MEDICINE FOR 2 MONTHS AND NOW HE IS DEFIANT , CRIES ABOUT ANYTHING , IS ANGRY ALL THE TIME AND HAS NIGHT TERRORS. BASICALLY MY SWEET BOY NOW HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED . I WISH I HAD READ THESE REVIEWS AND NOT GIVEN HIM THIS MEDICINE. IT HAS BEEN 3 MONTHS AND WE NOW SEE MY SWEET BOY BACK , BUT IT WAS A HARD ROAD. PARENTS DO NOT GIVE THIS MEDICINE TO YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!! EVEN OUR PEDIATRICIAN AGREES WITH US.

Comment from: bjoy317, 3-6 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 11

This drug has worked fabulously for controlling my daughter's asthma. HOWEVER,it's side effects have been a nightmare. Began taking it after 3rd birthday, would not longer sleep in her bed, up numerous times /night, horrible temper tantrums, weepy, moody/irritable. Everyone thought she was just "going through a phase." Docs assured me could not be because of meds. They increased her dosage when she turned 6, and literally ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE!! She had become a screaming/crying mess if you just looked at her wrong; so angry she would make fists and then bite herself!!! I spent hours online researching and I AM APPALLED at what I learned. I have read pages and pages of parents complaints about the very same things!!! She has been taken off the Singulair and is becoming a normal six year old. (By normal I mean energetic, fun, happy and mischievious, not a raging angry, tantrum throwing horror). I am hoping that her sleep habits will improve as well, but that remains to be seen. I WOULD ADVISE PARENTS OF ANY YOUNG CHILDREN TO MONITOR THE USE OF THIS DRUG VERY CAREFULLY. FOR THE MAJORITY OF CHILDREN IT APPEARS TO BE A "WONDER DRUG" WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS. FOR OTHERS IT IS A HORROR STORY. If you have seen any of these symptoms, I would take my child off immediately. I can not believe that 3 years of my little girl's life have been wasted trying to deal with horrible behavior problems that could have been avoided by switching her medication......how many times was she blamed for/ disciplined for something she wasn't in control of?.....

Related Reading: asthma | sleep | Singulair

Published: August 16

My son took this medicine for almost 3 years. His asthma symptoms improved, but he was also on other asthma meds. My happy child became depressed, nervous, and had chronic stomach aches which we thought were due to anxiety. He also frequently complained of leg pain. After hearing about singulair in the news we took him off it, and amazingly within a few days he was acting like himself. I have read the same things over and over again on the web. This medicine should NOT be given to children!!!

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: mjschuess, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 01

The use of this drug for children concerns me greatly. My son took it from age 1 to almost 3. He was always an unhappy, fit-throwing, angry boy, and we had no idea it was directly caused by this singulair. He got sick w/ a stomach bug once and had to go off all meds for a couple of weeks until he recovered. After just a few days w/out Singulair, he became calm, happy, thoughtful, not at all the same child. Some Internet research showed us how it has affected other children. In simply talking to different people we knew we found so many other people who had experienced the same exact thing. We have not encountered one person whose child took/takes this medication who did not experience some sort of negative emotional/behavioral symptom.

Comment from: wheezywicca, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 03

I took this for 3 weeks, and had the worst month of my life! I was in a constant state of anxiety with 3-4 severe panic attacks a day. I couldn't sleep for more than an hour, then would wake up in a state of severe panic, feeling I was going to die in my sleep. My whole body ached constantly, and my legs especially when I lay down. I experienced not only lack of appetite, but actual physical revulsion to food. Caused my previously minor heart palpitations to accelerate. I had horrible mood swings and I cried all the time when I wasn't bug-eyed with panic. I had throat constriction and chest pain so severe, I ended up spending the night in the emergency room hooked up to cardiac monitors! I had seen the doctors several times about these side effects, and they all said they would pass as I built up to loading dose, or even that these were not expected side effects of Singulair and implied I had severe anxiety disorder. I decided myself to discontinue the meds, and sure enough, within a week I was feeling much like myself again. Although it did help with the asthma syptoms I would not take this stuff again if you offered me a million dollars. I would not recommend this torture to anyone.

Related Reading: panic attacks | palpitations | chest pain