Singulair User Reviews

Singulair - User Reviews

Singulair User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Singulair sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: maggiefromraton, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 28

Scared to death. My daughter started taking Singulair at age 9, and tried to commit suicide at age 12. Take the warnings seriously until they dis-prove them.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 04

My 5 year old son was put on this medication for several of the reasons above and it greatly improved his wheezing and breathing, but it caused major mood/behavioral changes. He became very defiant, cried all the time, angry, unhappy, and falling apart about everything.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: September 01

My husband has been taking this medication for over 5 years now. He is the most personable, care-free person I know, and has never talked of or exhibited depression. The medication controls his asthma/allergies very well, and is often the only thing he needs to take. I am also a pharmacist, and have not had a single one of my patients complain of any of the horrific side-effects that others have posted. I do, however, know children that have told their parents they "want to die" for pure attention. Could be coincidence.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 08

I've had asthma for over 50 years and have been on many different medications to control it. Singulair is one of the most effective, and I've had no side effects at all.

Comment from: Linda, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 14

I am 65 and have been on this medication for one year. I found it to work very well. However, I have flushed the last prescription after a liver test came back with a very high enzyme count. I have also gained 15 pounds that I can not shed. PLEASE read the warnings about liver problems and talk to your doctor about how Singulair effects your liver. You may have problems without knowing it.

Related Reading: liver