Skelaxin User Reviews

Skelaxin - User Reviews

Skelaxin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Skelaxin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 03

This is the best muscle relaxer on the market that I have found! You don't get the laziness or a case of the blah's. Its' only effect is it relaxes your muscles and you can still function otherwise. It is kinda expensive and Dr.'s, for some reason, have issues with prescribing it. I love it and I have major muscle problems from my head down to my butt. You have to make sure you take it as prescribed because I think it's addictive, though I'm not sure.

Comment from: kathy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 26

Despite taking only one dose at 12 noon, experienced trouble falling asleep, then frequent waking and constant leg muscle twitching. I did not feel any relief from the muscle spasms in my neck. This is the second and LAST time that I will take this medication. It feels as though there is added caffeine or amphetamine in this med.

Related Reading: muscle spasms

Comment from: droobie26, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 06

Skelaxin when compared to other muscle-relaxants is a bit different. If you have prior experience taking another medication i.e. Flexeril or Zanaflex, I think you may be disappointed with Skelaxin. While working in similar ways to reduce spasms in various muscular tissue, Skelaxin does this in a much milder manner. To elaborate, Skelaxin does not leave the user feeling "zombified" or groggy as other muscle relaxants do. If you have ever been prescribed Xanax (alprazolam) or other benzodiazipines, the overwhelming feeling of calmness and reduced inhibition is very similar. For minor sprains, spasms, and/or strains, this medicine is great. People with previous history of alcohol or substance would be wise to start with Skelaxin as it poses a much lower risk for negative side effects and abuse.

Related Reading: Skelaxin | Flexeril | Zanaflex

Comment from: autumngirl1123@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 07

Finely after 2 yrs. of hurting,knees, lower back.have taken difference muscle relaxers, none worked.After taking SKELAXIN/METAXALONE finely I have one thats works. no side affects.I finelly feel like a new person!!!!!!

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 08

My docter has givin this medication to me off and on for the past two years i keep telling him that i don't feel a difference when i take it. I have severe boldging of the discs and pain constantly from this but he insist it works but i don't think it works for me

Comment from: bigdog773, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 19

I was in a traffic accident years ago, as a result almost all the cervical (neck) and all the low back disks are bulging with one actually touching the one below it. I was on Celebrex for years and it did a good job however, my stomach was giving me problems alone with the lower bowl. I was put on this medication and it really works well, and acutually helps me sleep at night. I am wide awake during the daytime and really think this drug is great! Retired Peace Officer

Related Reading: Celebrex | sleep

Comment from: Wendlynn, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

I had Anterior cervical diskectomy with fusion on C-5 c-6 with peek interbody fusion with plating. I was perscribed Flexeril 10mg before surgery. It made my spasms 10 times worse. I refused to take the medication. After surgery my nurse brought medications to my room one of the Flexeril tablets included. I refused my doctor changed my medication to Skelaxin 800mg. I was very skepcital worried it would cause even more pain. However it has worked very well and I am thankful to have it in my recovery.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 01

SKELAXIN IS A WONDER DRUG FOR ME. ORIGINALLY I WAS GIVEN THIS AS A MUSCLE RELAXER, WHICH IT DOES QUITE WELL. HOWEVER THE WONDERFUL SIDE EFFECT IS THAT IT WORKS GREAT AS A PAIN RELIEVER WHEN I HAVE A BOUGHT OF FIBROMYALGIA! I CAN ALSO USE IT WHILE WORKING WITHOUT GROGINESS. I DON'T USE IT DAILY, ONLY WHEN NEEDED.

Related Reading: FIBROMYALGIA