Skelaxin User Reviews

Skelaxin - User Reviews

Skelaxin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Skelaxin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mamabear, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 15

Don't take this terrible drug! It doesn't relieve anything; causes bad side effects: insomnia,nervous like you're on uppers,bad dreams,ankle swelling, thighs itched,muscle cramps in calves,dizziness,rapid heartrate,lowered blood pressure,headache & stomach problems. I felt so drugged the second day I couldn't function. Had I taken the full dose with a pain pill I'd be in the hospital!

Related Reading: insomnia | muscle cramps | dizziness

Comment from: satified user, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 27

SKELAXIN Users, I have read the reviews of this product and want to comment on this product based on my own experience for the last twenty months with this med. Two weeks ago I finally got the real deal, because the pharmacy was out of the generic substitute they have been giving me the whole twenty months. There is no comparison between the generic and the real deal. The real deal works great. If you are one of the people taking Skelaxin/Metaxilone, and it is not doing anything for you, you may be getting the generic/knock-off and not the real deal. Check with your pharmacist, your Dr. and insist on the real deal, it works great. If you need it, you should be getting it, the real stuff! A satisfied user.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 26

This medicatuion is a joke for muscle spasm relief.Skelaxin is actualy a mild sedative and doctors only believe it works because it is a sedative.Anybody who says it works never had a real problem in the first place.I was given it for a muscle spasm in my upper back and took it for a week and my injury got worse and I had to go to the hospital to get a real muscle relaxer so I could get better.I almost lost my job because of skelaxin and the fact it didn't work at all.

Comment from: feeling better!, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

I have had back spasms that come out of nowhere at times, that literally drop me to my knees. I can't take vicodin & don't really like taking any habit forming drugs. My physician gave me Skelaxin & upon taking the first dosage, I felt my muscles relax. I wasn't drowsy from it either. The only side effect was I had a headache the first day or two. It was prescribed for only short term usage. I would recommend this product if asked.

Related Reading: vicodin | headache

Comment from: katiem, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 27

I have used Skelaxin 800 mg 3x daily since 2001 following cervical fracture and resultant osteoarthritis. Was unable to use Skelaxin during a period without health insurance and noticed a dramatic improvement in symptoms once drug was restarted. Highly recommend Skelaxin; it's been wonderful for me!

Related Reading: fracture | osteoarthritis

Comment from: phoenix, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

Back/Neck pain. This was given to me as an alternative to "sleepy" muscle relaxors. 3 times a day. My pain was so severe I could not sit through a 3 hour class, could not even sleep and had to manipulate my head with my hands to lay down. After taking these pills for 4 days the effect was nothing. Upset stomach for the side-effect was pretty discomforting. I guess from the reviews this drug either works wonder or does nothing at all (except for the side effects).

Related Reading: Neck pain

Comment from: Hall, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 08

I have a herniated disc in my lower back. The pain was a 10+ at it's worst. I recieved a series of spinal injections which helped a lot but the pain would slowly come back. I had been prescribed Flexerill but quit taking it because it completely spaced me out. My doctor then presribed Skelaxin to take with Voltaren. I've had great results with no side effects at all and I can actually function while taking it. I usually only take two a day.

Related Reading: herniated disc | Voltaren