Skelaxin User Reviews

Skelaxin - User Reviews

Skelaxin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Skelaxin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: choose5, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

Not as drowsy as Flexeril and works better on loosening neck and back muscle knots, which I seem to get from mental stress. No other side effects for me.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 10

My physician prescribed this for me after unsuccessful treatments of headaches with other medicine. This help relax the muscles in my neck that cause the headaches. Take 800mg before bed...and am usually all better in the morning. Would recommend this. I didnt experience any side effects at all. Works great!

Comment from: Fibromaiden, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

Have had FMS for years, but also, recently have a herniated disc L5/S1 giving more extreme pains and spasms localized in my back and left leg... I think I have had every possible side effect. Rash, tiny bumps allover torso. Palpitations, heart racing, High BP, more asthma type problems than normal, couln't sleep, it was like I was on a pot or two of coffee. Bad dreams, terrible headaches, very sick stomach...but the very worse side effect that I noticed was my mood changing into depressive mode! Not a good place to have your head at when you are suffering from excruciating back, and leg spasms. Please people read all the side effects...And do not, I repeat do not pay for it until you try it out! Ask for samples first! I really envy those that have had good results...I hope those that come here to read up on this med will read all of the entries! Consider the risks and if you are one that often has side effects to a lot of these types of medications be very wary!

Related Reading: Rash | Palpitations | asthma

Comment from: skelaxinfanT, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 29

I have Spondyloesthesis, problems with deteriorated cartilage between L4 and L5 and a bulging disc. I will eventually have to have surgery to correct. I have been taking Skelaxin for years and love it! It doesn't make me drowsy and I personally have never experienced any side effects. Takes the edge off the pain and allows you to go on with life without feeling like a zombie. Dr initially suggested Oxy and I said no way, just want something to help me deal with the pain to get through the bad days. A nice alternative to heavier meds, doesn't totally alleviate the pain but makes it more bearable.

Comment from: ylloh, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 26

I was mostly bed bound for 3 years due to occipital headaches caused by muscular tension that was secondary to extensive damage to my cervical spine. After trying many different modalities of treatment, including other muscle relaxants, I suggested trying this drug . It is the only drug I have taken that I could describe the effect as being miraculous. I am no longer bed bound and my life has become much more functional. The only slight inconvenience is the QID dosing schedule. I've had no side effect problems except irratability. I have taken this drug continuously now for 1 year. I am concerned about the long term effects of its useage.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

After many days of constant muscle spasms related to a back problem, I couldn't believe the relief I got from this medication. I'd never taken anything like this before and was amazed at the speed at which it helped me and I have had no side effects. I'm now able to move and have hope for getting through this back problem.

Comment from: Evansmom, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

I was prescribed 800mg to relieve tense neck muscles, which my Dr thinks may be contributing to my migraine issues. I only use it when I feel the pain in my neck, I don't take it everyday. This medication really seems to help and I haven't noticed any side effects. Maybe since I only take it as needed, I don't notice the side effects as much as someone who needs to take it consistently.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

Treatment for pulled muscles of lower lumbar in concert with Vicodin. Took 2 Vicodin w/ 1 800 mg Skelaxin. Within an hour, I was standing without any "pull" or pain. Also experienced no side effects.

Comment from: 80s_chick, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

I actually prefer this medication over Flexeril. It isn't supposed to have all of the side effects that Flexeril does, however, Skelaxin still makes me sleepy.

Comment from: Princessm0del, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

I had extreme stomach aches, and a hard time sleeping while taking this medicine.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain