Solaraze User Reviews

Solaraze - User Reviews

Solaraze User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Solaraze sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

It was having the desired skin effect, but I stopped using it after about 3 weeks because my hair (on my head) was falling out at an alarming rate. 7 weeks later, my hair loss continues undeminished. I had a similar experience after using Effudex a year or so prior. I was covering a large part of my body--legs, arms, shoulder, chest in both cases. Has anyone else had this problem? My internist has eliminated thyroid and other possible causes. These two episodes are the only times I have had trouble with hair loss. My overall health is good.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

Three weeks in I developed an intense itching rash swelling and pustules - could not open my eyes blood and puss on my pillow - had to go to emergency care and take steroids and antihistimnes - also needed an antibiotic for a developing infection...be carefull if you have sensitive skin - I was not warned by the physician

Comment from: Ruth, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 21

Since using this drug............my immunity has been compromised...i am now allergic to many foods that i was never allergic to....i have swollen glands....and uticaria rashes on a very regular basis and am odten in bed for days....I AM SORRY THAT I EVER USED IT...my life has become a misery....has anmyone experienced same....

Comment from: Fleur, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 05

I have used Solaraze for 60+ days. Initially, I had no negative side effects. Recently, I noticed red, splotchy areas. They get irritated and burn when I use moisturizer or sun screen.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 10

Used to treat actinict chelitis of my lower lip. After 3 days developed painful blisters and what appeared to be severe canker sores. Discontined at let it heal up which it did. Restarted - doc rx'd steroid cream to prevent canker sores during treatment - which worked but the Solarze still produced the lips sores. Which I guess means it's working. The skin reaction is part of the treatment and is preferrable to full blown skin cancer on the lip. Even though the treatment is kind of painful I'd rather power throug andtake care of the condition now rather than deal with something more serious later.

Related Reading: canker sores | skin cancer

Comment from: dhollin269@aol.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 23

I applied solarze for 6 weeks and started breaking out with large pimples and skin irritation. It also greatly increased the volume of my tinnitus which now will never go down. BAD STUFF

Related Reading: tinnitus

Comment from: david h, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 06

Itching, zits, pimples, this is the worst medication I have ever used

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 07

I have been using product for 40 days. The only problem that I have experienced is an INTENSE itching from overly dry skin. The solution so far: slather on Aquaphor cream after Solaraze dries. Keeping the skin moist with Aquaphor has greatly diminished the itching, without Aquaphor it has been a true misery. DO NOT USE any lotion that contains alcohol; you will feel like you stuck your head in an fire-ant bed.

Comment from: downtoearth, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 15

I took this supplement, only after two days, I broke out in a severe rash, swollen face, eyelids, severe itching, burning sensation..Never again, went to the Doctor twice, after 5 days I am still suffering with this reaction. Never, ever, again will I do this.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 05

I have plantar fasciatis and have used this ointment. I do not feel any relief from this drug to my knowledge, as I still suffer from this foot pain.

Related Reading: foot pain