Solodyn User Reviews

Solodyn - User Reviews

Solodyn User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Solodyn sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: anti-Solodyne, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 22

I have been taking this med. for 3 months. It cleared up quite a bit of my acne, I still had a little, but it was much better. I began having severe headaches. I have always had headaches, but these we not bearable. I also had extreme dizziness and even slight confusion. I talked to my dermatologist after seeing on my file "patient denies suffering from headache and/or dizziness" so I mentioned to him that I did in fact have these symptoms and he reccomended that I see my eye Dr., appearently this drug can cause elevated eye preassure. I saw my eye doc and everything was fine, but then I began to have mild depression (which I later discovered that mental changes were reported with use of Minocycline) and visual problems as well, coughing, itching and I looked pale and underneath my eyes was extremely grey and my teeth which were extremely white were beginning to look brown and dull. I decided that I woulod skip a few doses to see if it helped and after just a few days I feelt so much better. I have decided that the overall effects of this drug are not worth the risks and the way it makes me feel. Besides this, it doesn't work much better than Proactive Solutions and is extremely expensive and I have to call every 3 months to set that discount card up. I am not going to go back to my dermatologist, I am going to take vitamins and use Proactive...I think that is much safer. My acne is back, but I will find another way to deal with it, I just don't think this drug is very safe, besides, I can't take antibiodics forever, they aren't good for you and the acne will just return..mine already has.

Related Reading: headache | depression | vitamins

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 07

I've never had horrible acne; just a few pimples now and then but some blackheads. While I was in NY last year, I had a horrible breakout so I went to a dermatologist when I got home. This IDIOT prescribed me (then 115-120 lbs) Solodyn back in December. I've been taking it ever since at night before bedtime. I am now down to 105 lbs (it's not that great) and it is March. I eat a normal diet, exercise some, and do not have an eating disorder. I also have been EXTREMELY tired, almost to the point of mental and physical exhaustion. I do work a lot (and stress) so I thought it was that or another medical problem. A couple of weeks ago, I slept a straight 26 HRS. No kidding! I didn't think it was physically possible. I also have headaches almost every day and my neck and shoulders hurt so bad, it's like a concrete brick is sitting on my shoulders. I've also noticed that I am more pale than I've ever been. I've been to my regular doctor and had blood tests because my family has been very worried and nothing has come of it. After reading all of these reviews, I am convinced that my problems are a result of Solodyn. I will stop using it immediately and hopefully I will feel better soon! Thanks for all your honesty!

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: LindsayLu, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 19

I have been taking Solodyn (90mg) for roughly seven weeks. I am FINALLY starting to see changes in my face. I have perioral dermatitis and it definitely got worse around week 3-5. I wanted to take a different med but my derm told me to stick it out the entire 12 weeks. I'm so happy that I did. My face is almost entirely clear (huge relief). It's itchy - but that is due to healing. I'm so happy. I have had a few headaches - but other than that - it's a miracle drug. If you can - STICK IT OUT. It definitely takes two months before you see major changes. I would highly recommend this drug. Trust me - I've tried it all throughout my life (Accutane, Proactive, Murad, etc). I am pleasantly surprised. I rcvd an Rx card from my derm for the copay and I have really good insurance so this was free for three months. It is pricy and I can understand the drawback - but it works!!! Good luck everyone!

Related Reading: Accutane

Comment from: Nurse, Published: September 13

Every drug effects each person differently due to gender, age, health status, and preexisting medical conditions either known or unknown. That being said...itching, hives, swelling, rashes, shortness of breath, palpitations are NOT side effects and have NO bearing on the effectiveness of the medication. They are ALLERGIC REACTIONS and should be reported to your MD immediately for evaluation and treatment.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: etmocha, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 29

So, I started taking Solodyn in March 09. Within the first month I saw a great change in my skin but nothing too drastic. All of my acne marks from previous blemishes are still there but, I did see a severe reduction in the amount of breakouts I got. Flash forward to Aug 09, and I have experienced a noticeable hair loss. My hair decreased in density and the actual texture of my hair has become slightly more brittle and weaker. I stopped taking the medication about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks ago and am still experiencing shedding more so than I would normally. For those who also experienced hair loss from this drug, how long did it take to stop shedding? Also, how long did it take to notice new hair growth in areas that it thinned? I am extremely unhappy with these side effects that my doctor did not warn me about. Mind you, I'm also only 20 years old, I should NOT have to worry about hair loss.