Solodyn User Reviews

Solodyn - User Reviews

Solodyn User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Solodyn sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: student, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 25

I've taken two rounds of Solodyn. The first, prior to my wedding, was very effective. It cleared up my acne with few side effects. The second and more recent round has been terrible. My acne has hardly improved and I've experienced quite a few side effects. I'm waiting to go to a physician to make sure they are attributable to this drug, but as of now I think the following may be connected: dizziness, chest pain, blurry vision, extreme fatigue, and sore throat. I am no longer taking this drug.

Related Reading: chest pain | fatigue | sore throat

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 14

Caused major side affects which came on gradually Migraine headaches, nausea, stomach pain,vomiting, naseau, fever,sore throat with pustuals, extreme tiredness, urine turned black....did not realize it was medication since the side effects came on gradually....discountinued medication and symtoms improved over a period of a week.

Related Reading: Migraine | fever

Published: October 13

I have only taken Solodyn for 5 days and immediately noticed improvements in my skin. However, on day 4 I woke up experiencing some discomfort in my neck and shoulders. At first, I thought it was from how I had slept the night before but on day 5 the pain had moved to my back and then my legs. I also experienced swollen glands, loss of appetite, nausea, and numbness in my feet. I seemed to be dizzy nearly every time I made a sudden move. Once I was able to connect these symptoms to the side effects of Solodyn, I stopped taking the medication. Two days later, I have experienced a very high fever yet had chills in 80 degree weather. Still having a tan from the summer, my family was scared when my face went pale as a ghost and progressively lost more and more energy. I wasn't able to move out of bed for an entire day and s

Comment from: shelleyy04@yahoo.com, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

I have used several different facial products for acne over the years and nothing truly worked.I used Solodyn for 2wks and my face started clearing up instantly,within days,but for me the side effects became more than I could handle.I had migraine headaches for days, blurred vision and a red blotchy rash from head to toe.I have gastristis and come to find out this medication is NOT a good fot with someone with this condition because it filters 1/2 through the kidneys and 1/2 through the liver,which the combination of the two could cause severe liver damage for me.So even though this medicine was helping my acne clear up it wasn't worth harming the rest of my body.Good luck to those that can take this medication and see positive results.I am now on a different medication that does not effect my liver.From my research/reading it is not healthy to stay on these medicines for a lengthy period of time.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: FREDDIE GIRL, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 04

ALMOST IMMEDIATE! IN A WEEK MY SKIN CLEARED. I TRIED SEVERAL EXPENSIVE MEDS THAT DID NOT WORK AT ALL. SOLODYN HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. I LOOK BETTER AND MY SELF ESTEEM HAS RISEN!

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 27

I've been taking Solodyn for over a year whenever my acne flares up. I do experience mild headaches and loss of appetite as indicated in some of the other reviews. However, I also experienced sleepwalking and blackouts when combined with alcohol. There are no warnings about not drinking while taking Solodyn, but I believe there should be.

Related Reading: sleepwalking

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 15

Have been fine until I started using every other day had extreme dizziness and rapid heart rate taken to emergency room. Tests non conclusive no one considered possible drug interaction except me so I have stopped taking after second episode.

Comment from: maosmama, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 04

I've been taking Solodyn for three weeks. Yesterday my entire body started itching. Today the itching is even more intense, the joints in my fingers are sore and stiff and I feel very "out of it". My skin has cleared up considerably, but I'm also using Atralin cream and Duac gel so I'm not sure which of these has had the positive effect on my skin. I'm definitely done with the Solodyn!

Related Reading: Atralin | Duac