Solodyn User Reviews

Solodyn - User Reviews

Solodyn User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Solodyn sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: January 27

I have been on this medication for about a month now. I am using it in combination with face cream differin. It seems to be working great. I have tried just about every thing (even proactive didn't work), and this seems to be doing the trick. I did suffer from major major headaches at first. However, I have stopped taking this drug with food, and the headaches have gone away. Just a hint for those taking it still and getting headaches, try taking it without food and see what happens. I did that, and haven't gotten a headache since.

Comment from: Logan, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 07

I have had several severe side effects: very loose stool, dizziness, rapid heart rate, swelling, rash, and itching over my entire body.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

I have only taken this medicine for 3 days. The side effects are too much for me. It makes me very lightheaded, dizzy and sick. I have an 8 year old who is very active and on several occassions I could not drive her to her functions. I stop taking the medicine and began to feel better immediately.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

I have been taking this drug for two 1/2 months. I have seen a little success. However I was not prepared for the side effects. I have numbness and tingling in my arms, hands, legs and feet. I have had a head ache constant for about a month that no amount of medicine seems to help. I finnally called the Doctor today to see if I could change to something else.

Comment from: saved from beverly hills, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 07

i am sure that this version of minocycline is as good as what i used 15 years ago for moderate acne. but how dr. robin schaffren and dr. annette gottlieb of the h. saperstein dermatologist office in beverly hills thought it could cure my skin problems from december 2006 through august 2007 is just another show of the incompetence of their office. in this first week of october 2007, at another dr.'s office i finally received the verdict, thanx to a totally competent dr. and his easy skin culture - - i have been fighting IMPETIGO for 10 months!!!!! the depth and size of my scars - larger than a quarter in the middle of my forehead makes me think very seriously of a law suit. not against solodyn - which DOES help with moderate acne , but against the office of dimwits schaffran, gottlieb and saperstein in beverly hills who prescribed it for my serious skin issue!!!!

Related Reading: IMPETIGO | scars

Comment from: Agjeffer, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 25

I began taking Solodyn about 6 weeks ago after my acne was suddenly reborn at age 33. I tried other antibiotics but they became too expensive. My dermatologist prescribed Solodyn and I am warning everyone that this drug is horrible!! I'm a healthy female with no known problems except for seasonal allergies. After 3 weeks of taking Solodyn, my urine turned dark brown and I was very lethargic. I called my derm and was told to discontinue use. The next day I noticed my eyes were yellow and I had terrible itching with no visible rash. I then went to my family MD and she drew lots of blood work. My bilirubin was 8.3 (norm-<1.3), liver enzymes AST 1000 and ALT 900. These are 20 times the normal levels. After a few other tests that were normal, hopefully I have not damaged my liver. PLEASE note that this drug is very dangerous and if you think you have any of the listed side effects, seek medical care immediately. Hope I can save someone the trouble.