Solu Medrol User Reviews

Solu Medrol - User Reviews

Solu Medrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Solu Medrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Bill86404, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 15

2nd series in 7 months. 3 days x 1gm via IV in 250ml .9% sodium chloride drip. Typical side effects. Bad taste, increased anxiety, some insomnia. Results - walking ability greatly improved, pain diminished. Other MS symptoms diminished (I have a lot of the symptoms). Overall I hate IV but I do this because the results are so substantial for me. It has been the only real relief I get. Prednizone (sp) also gave some relief to symptoms but quickly diminished within a day of last oral med dosage.

Related Reading: anxiety | insomnia

Comment from: raerae977, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

It stopped my symptoms immediately. Does leave a bad taste in your mouth and I have swollen all over and I have some stomach trouble because of the treatment, but the side effects aren't near as bad as not being able to walk or move. Would do it again when needed.

Comment from: kat, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 27

I did the first run pre-diagnosis. I was losing my vision at an alarming rate. I did my first day and then went out with my mom. I was actually scared when someone showed up in my periphial vision because it had been months. I was overjoyed with the results and I am no looking forward to my next run this week for my left side weakness and vision problems because I know it will help. Side effects are bearable. I was super hyper but, my neuro offset that with Xanax, which really helped. The only unexpected was that I had to remove the IV myself. I have a friend who is an EMT so he did it for me, but I would have freaked out if I had to do it myself!

Related Reading: Xanax

Comment from: kabreez24, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 28

Always leaves a bad taste and muscle aches at withdrawl time but well worth the relief from the MS syptoms. I have had everything from weak legs to dizziness to optic neuritis and it always clears things up withing a day or so to a week. Warn your friends about mood swings and stay positive :)

Related Reading: dizziness | optic neuritis

Comment from: chieyann, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 12

this is a lot easier then taking a load of pills or having to do injections in the stomach or anywhere else.....horrible taste...nothing takes the test away...but its well worth it, thought i would never feel my leg again but this medication has proved me wrong every time i had an episode....

Comment from: 357sig, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 29

Told Docs at hosp that if they had to give me any drug that stimulates my adrenal glands, they would need to strap me down and knock me out. One day they might listen to me. 1.5 hrs after starting IV drip, I went bezerk. Sweating,rage, headache,muscle pain, got so upset I walked out of the hosp. and put my fist in a metal stop sign which tore it off it's metal pole. like taking a shot of pure speed. Hosp security brought me the sign as a momento! When will they ever learn that we know our bodies better then they and that every person is diffirent.

Related Reading: headache | muscle pain

Comment from: thereseg79, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 26

I had a 3 day high dose IV course to treat optic nueritis. It made the eye pain go away. Still waiting on vision loss to recover. I have the worser heart palpitations, headache, dizziness, and stomach upset ever. I hate it.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: lmarsden, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 28

bad taste in mouth for days....got really sick the last day of treatment....muscles hurt all over....i am not sure if i would do it again

Comment from: margaret621, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 17

takes an hour to find a good vein. leaves a terrible taste. cannot drink waterm it tastes so bad. but other than that so far so good.