Solu Medrol User Reviews

Solu Medrol - User Reviews

Solu Medrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Solu Medrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ttmarch03, 25-34 (Patient) Published: April 16

Worst part was getting a vein to cooperate. Minimal side effects, worst was the taste. It did treat my symptoms but still have some? Would take again if I absolutely had to.

Comment from: Mammabee, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 30

I find that what every one is sayiny is correct, I feel great from the ms part, but the side effects from this drug are horrible I dont like the way I feel from it, very dizzy weak and not myself it has only been 3 days since I have been off the drug, all I can say is I hope it gets better!!!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 30

Received 60 mg dose daily while admitted to hospital. Had onset of excruciating migraine after first dose and this has lasted several days. Headache was much worse than the symptoms needing the drug

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: Pjbir, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 06

Had MS exacerbation. Had solumedrol IV therapy tx 5 days for 11/2 hour session. The extra tx really helped!

Comment from: Mswoman, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 29

Hated this medicine. Side effects out weighed any good. The headaches, weight gain, tinny taste left in my mouth made me sick.

Comment from: c , 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 02

Son died severe negative reactions : seizures, fast heart rate, slow wound healing, sudden high blood sugar & diabetic, extreme swelling eyes, face, whole body, bruising & discoloration face, legs, whole body, rash, rapid weight gain & fluid retention, bleeding ulcer that perforated, low platelets, abdominal distention, fever & chills, trouble urinating & finally cardiac arrest ..2 gastroenterologists& 1 TRAUMA surgeon said caused by solumedrol given for pneumonia ..should have been weaned off after 2-3 weeks. Son died given for pneumonia ..should have been weaned off after 2-3 weeks. Caused seizures, rapid heart rate, slow wound healing, high blood sugar & sudden diabetic symptoms, rapid extreme swelling face, eyes, legs, whole body,, abdominal distention, low platelets, bruising & discoloration, rapid weight gain, rash, Bleeding Ulcers that perforated into abdominal cavity, fever & chills & finally cardiac arrest

Related Reading: rash | fever | pneumonia

Comment from: lolojp81, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 11

I was diagnosed with a sinus infection. I also have MS. The infection caused my optical nerve to swell which is causing blurred vision and pain. I was given iv drips of solu medrol for 5 days and have seen little to no change in my progress.

Related Reading: sinus infection | solu medrol

Comment from: gabe2009, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 11

My husband was given solu medrol injections because he has COPD and cannot breathe. This drug caused him to be combative, unreasonable, argumentative, someetimes staring into space and cannot hear what is being said to him. Recently, I asked the doctor to take him off prednizone which has some horrible side effects and the dr. put him on this solu medrol which is worse thn anything I have ever witnessed. I feel as if I should report the doctor due to giving my husband bad and dangerous drugs.

Related Reading: medrol

Comment from: millermegp, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 09

My husband has Copd and the Dr. gives him this instead of Prednisone and now he is having delusions or hilunations and mental stress. he is nervous and uncontrolable. and very unable to balance. what is the problem

Related Reading: stress