Soma User Reviews

Soma - User Reviews

Soma User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Soma sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jaydog, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 11

my first doctor prescribed me with skelecta [ spelling may be wrong]then I saw a spine specialist that told me I was on the most useless muscle relaxer out there so he put me on soma 3 times a day and I feel so much better and after a short time the dizzy feeling and sleepiness will go away I take soma, oxycontin, and percocet 3 times a day each and get up at 6 am every day mon thru fri go to work in constuction [been in the trades for 29 years]with severe pain in my neck,low back,mid back,arms and legs I have herniated discs in lumbar, thoracic and cervical my neck has been fused with removal of the herniated disc placement of bone and steel plate with 4 screws the surgery made the area stabble but the pain got much worse without the pain meds and soma I dont think I could work I hope my experiance can be of some help deciding whether to try and stay on the medication long enough that you will not feel yucky but get the benefit of reduced muscle spasums and pain relief

Related Reading: soma | oxycontin | percocet

Comment from: reddbutterflye, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

I have shoulder spasms frequently and nothing else worked. I have a toddler and Flexeril just made me very tired with no relief. Soma has made it possible for me to enjoy my activities of daily living again with my toddler.

Related Reading: Flexeril

Comment from: gini, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 17

Have Multiple Sclerosis and degenerative disease. Have been on Soma since 1st used for chronic pain, etc. about 12 yrs ago. It is a miracle drug for me! I also take Baclofen for deep spasms but can see little relief from it alone. Think I would be invalid without it - seriously. My only problem is that since moving to new state, my Dr.here will not give me enough RX. I previously took 2 3xday and now get only my primary care DR RX gives me 1 3xday, so I have to take only when spasms are very bad. I am not addicted, only find I need more than when I began use. The taste is horrible, but more than worth it. I am trying to find info on max to prescribe so I can try and talk him into giving me enough to stay pain free. It's allowed me to drop the time release oxycontin and percoset and go to Lortab (don't need all the time). Hope this will help people try this drug, believe me it helps so much.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 04

I take Soma for chronic back pain and back spasms and it is the only med that relieves my symptoms and allows me to do my regular daily activities and exercise during a bad flare-up. I have tried multiple other muscle relaxers, and Soma has helped the most. It also allows me to sleep through the night as it helps to prevent me from constantly waking up throughout the night due to my back pain.

Comment from: ailing_and_failing, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 23

I began taking this medication nearly 10 years ago after my Dr. decided to take me off of Flexeril because of it's inability to sustain effectiveness. The first time I took Soma it knocked my on my butt and I was afraid to take it again. But I did and am glad because it has been so much more effective than any other muscle relaxer I have tried. After the intial experience I have never had another problem with it. I take morphine 100 mg. tabs, along with moprhine 20 mg per ml for break through pain as well as the Soma for pain and muscle spasms from Secondary Progressive MS, Fibro Myalgia, and other ailments and injuries to my spine. And even after 10 years it has not lost any of it's effectiveness on me. Almost like when aspirin was first used, to me Soma is a wonder-drug since I have no problems with taking it, only advantages. And I don't have any kind of mental impairment from my meds either. To me, it has been a blessing.

Related Reading: muscle spasms | aspirin

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 25

I have been taking Soma for several years for multiple herniated discs from cervical to sacral areas of my back. Used mostly at night to calm spasms and used along with heat, tens and other meds. No narcotics. If experienceing sleepiness, take a half or a quarter of a pill and it will greatly reduce the spasms of the back you may be having. Helped me to continue on with daily activities and work full time until I developed cervical herniations and then typing was not tolerated. Flexeril was too sedative for me at anytime I tried it when prescribed before Soma and could not take it at work. Soma afforded me the ability to decrease the sleepiness effect. I was lucky to have found this med, otherwise I could not function when in the midst of a bad pain episode.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain