Soma User Reviews

Soma - User Reviews

Soma User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Soma sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 29

The great thing about soma, is it doesn't give you that "hangover" grogginess the next morning. It works wonderfully while you sleep.

Comment from: cosmotrouble, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 27

This has been a life saver with my degenerative disc disorder pain (L4, L5)

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

Was suffering from back spasmsand was cured using SOMA

Comment from: maratini, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 16

Very, very offlabel, but I found by accident (no pun intended -- I pulled a back muscle) when I was prescribed Soma for pain that it also significantly enhanced my mood. As I am bipolar I with very refractory symptoms, my psychiatrist suggested I try Soma for a month for that purpose. I have been on it (as well as ritalin) as adjunct therapy to lamictal, cymbalta, and abilify. It's success, in my opinion, has been remarkable.

Related Reading: ritalin | lamictal | cymbalta

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 08

For ease of use I gave it a 4 because the pills leave a bitter tase in your mouth. As for addictive, not at all. I find that after I take this pill, it is impossible to stay awake. I always fall asleep. This means I can only take it before bed. I am not the type of person who can just fall asleep anywhere, but this medicine make me fall asleep no matter where I am or what I ma doing, so be careful. I am not sure if it works as a muscle relaxer, because after i take it I wae up 8 hours later! It is a good drug and works great, jsut make sure to take it at night at least the first time to see how your body reacts to it.

Comment from: on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 02

My mother took Soma for three years for muscle spasms, at first, it helped, but then she became addicted. It was a downhill battle for the last year and half, which tragically ended with her committing suicide. This drug is very addictive and dangerous!!! BEWARE!!!

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 27

I want to warn anyone that takes this drug to be very careful as it is terribly addictive. However, you have to have an addictive personality to become addicted. I began taking Soma for Fibromyalgia and thus began a long journey of addiction, going from doctor to doctor to get more Soma and ultimately legal problems that stemmed from my abuse. Soma is probably good for short-term use, but even then, I would ask the doctor for a different muscle relaxer. I took Soma for approximately 10 years. I hope no one ever goes through the hell I did and ends up in drug induced stupor's which I referred to as the Soma Coma. I have not taken Soma for several years. I have taken other muscle relaxers, but none have the same addictive component that Soma has.

Related Reading: Fibromyalgia | Coma

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 07

I have been dealing with severe lower back pain for years now, its gets so bad it takes my breath away. Soma has worked wonders for me. Yes it does make you sleepy, so take it at bed time. Wonderful !

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: JBNOLA, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 26

I have been on 2-4 pills a day for the past 10 years for muscle pain and sciatica. Never had any side effects, or withdrawl symtoms. Very hard to live without, but VERY hard to get a dr. to prescribe long term thanks to the people who abuse the use of this medication!

Related Reading: muscle pain | sciatica