Soma User Reviews

Soma - User Reviews

Soma User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Soma sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Milo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 24

Soma is definitely the most effective muscle relaxant ever prescribed for me for tension headaches due to muscle spasms of the neck. It also has a general relaxing, calming effect and helps with sleep. However, it can have unexpected side effects, especially at higher doses, such as drowsiness, feeling/acting "high", etc. Also, Soma can interact with other medications used to treat tension headaches, such as Fioricet or Phrenilin -- the two should *never* be taken together! I once had a very bad reaction while on Soma, but it may have been due to dehydration. So -- a good, helpful medication, but be careful and follow all guidelines regarding dosage and drug interactions very carefully.

Related Reading: Fioricet | dehydration

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 24

this medication is not intended for recovering alcoholic or addicts unfortunately i was prescribed this medication for chronic back pain prior to back surgery .the interaction with my many psychotropics caused a violent out break and total loss of control involving physical harm and time spent in jail i was toatly unaware that it would cause violent out bursts total loss of mind control. i am alcoholic and addict in recovery for the last five years i was informed this was non narcotic medication and never should have been perscribed this medication knowing the amount of psychotropics i take on a daily basis

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 06

I have had 4 neck and back surgeries. I suffer from fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease associated with car wreck when I was a teenager. I am 48 now. I have been on Soma for 7 years. I don't know what I would do without it. I need another neck surgery, but am trying to put it off. This is the only medicine that anyone has tried me on, and I have been on every other muscle relaxant that have, that works on spasms. Of course it doesn't work as well as it used to I have grown tolerant to it. But if I didn't have it, I would not be able to sleep at all. I remember it really knocking me for a loop when I first started taking it, like some of the reviews of this medicine state, but it just takes time to get used to it. Hang in there, it gets better.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain