Sonata User Reviews

Sonata - User Reviews

Sonata User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sonata sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: suzieq, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

Seems when I take this medication , I am awake all night long , like tonight, It is 3:03 A.M. and took the medication @ 10:30 P.M.

Comment from: poohbahcj, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 07

I take zaleplon (the generic form of Sonata) when I wake up in the middle of the night after sleeping only 4-5 hours. I am wide awake at this time and find that if I do nothing, I can't get back to sleep for at least another 2 hours. Since this medication is effective for only a few hours, I take a pill. It works quickly (10-20 minutes) and I sleep for another 3-4 hours which does give me a nice full night's sleep. Because of its short-term effectiveness, I awake without any feeling of grogginess. I have been using this medication for years now with absolutely no side effects.

Related Reading: Sonata | sleep

Comment from: jaxbear, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 16

I have always had trouble sleeping: falling and sleeping through the night. Sonata helps me fall asleep fast but not through an 8 hour night. Also, I have very vivid or strange dreams when I use it. Does anyone else have this side effect?

Comment from: wadoz, Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 16

I took sonata for aprox.two years It has to be the best insomnia drug I have ever used. I have been off of sonata for aprox. 1- 1 1/2. My insurance started to renew it. I never experianced any withdrawal symptoms. since then I have been prescribed Lunesta, Ambiem cr, restoril...,none of these have helped much infact they tend to screwup my sleep patterns. With the sonata I was able to get to sleep fast and was up and ready to go by 5 or 6 am. Every day. Now if I sleep at all, i tend to sleep till 10-noon. which is unacceptable. Nuff said. Wadoz

Related Reading: insomnia | Lunesta | restoril

Comment from: dewthedew69, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 24

to the people that say its doesn't last too long , well they are right its supposed to work for up to 4 hours, its main use is to put you to sleep, thats why you would take ambien which is a full 8 hour dose but then you will feel hung over and groggy the next day, any other questions about sleep aids feel free 2 ask me ive taken them all

Related Reading: ambien

Comment from: SG24, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 10

I have had serious problems falling asleep for over a year. I tried many sleeping pills to help me but none were very effective and had side effects from Lunesta. The best thing about Sonata is that it metabolizes in about an hour or two, so you will have no effects in the morning. I was prescribed this by a sleep doctor, he told me it is mainly used for people that wake up during the night and cant go back to sleep. It is non-habit forming, I only take it when I need it.

Comment from: sleepless in NE, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

The last time I had a good nights sleep was the last time I took sonata. Unfortunatly the drug is not approved for long time use. I used it for 3 wks off and on. My dr wouldn't give me anymore so i spent the next several weeks NOT sleeping at all. I liked the deep sleep it put me in, I didn't wake up in a fog. The only thing I didn't like was i knew exactly when the pill wore off....because I woke up immediately. Still only slept about 6 hrs, but it was a deep restfull sleep. I don't think i have ever slept all night without waking up. My hubby does it all the time...i know this cause I watch him sleep...ARGH!!

Comment from: Ditz, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 09

This medication helped me fall asleep fast, but I was only able to sleep a total of 2-4 hours per night.

Comment from: tdcinc2005, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 24

My grandmother has been taken this and was just taken off of it and has gotten a addiction to it. Shes giving the family lots of problems because of it.