Sonata User Reviews

Sonata - User Reviews

Sonata User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sonata sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dknakal, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 03

My Dr. has put me on this and I've been on this over a year now. No side effects and I feel so rested. No more crankiness or falling asleep. I just wonder if it's ok to be taking it for so long.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 17

Taken only once - fell asleep fast but woke much too early - unable to go back to sleep but still very tired. Horrible low weepy mood next day - worse than a simple bad night's sleep. Will not take again as it seems to have a very depressive effect on me.

Comment from: Renosh, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

I've never had trouble falling asleep - just staying asleep -taken Sonata in the past - worked great. AND it worked for full night for me. However, I was just given "generic" Sonato. Slept good - more of hangover effect early morning. But the worst was having a full day of Extremely negative thoughts - tears all day long - and insides jittering until I thought I'd die. I will not take another pill

Comment from: JB CHARLIE, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 31

This was the WORST I have ever taken. I took it at 10 and never went to sleep until 5AM and then had horrible nightmares. I was not able to move my right arm and little for the left. A walking zombie the next day and nauseated. Pitching these after trying it twice.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: Susan, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

I have tried several otc brands and I would get results of 5-7 hours of sleep maybe twice a week. With this I have been sleeping 4 hours to the most and tried this I slept for 1 1/2 hours woke up been up 2 hours trying to go back to sleep very disappointed. I had horrible visions on a differant RX I dont know what to do anymore. Any suggestions

Comment from: rosealee, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 17

I had a personality change after taking Sonata; I finally could stop trying to hide how cranky I always felt from lack of sleep. We tried a few other sleep aids, even tried Lorazapam which I might have well been taking candy considering the lack of effect from that. Due to an underlying condition I have used Sonata for about 7 years. I had to take 2 each night. Last month, my insurance will no longer approve 2 saying that the drug company recommends only 1. I have been miserable. Not withdrawal, just not sleeping. Does anyone know of something close to Sonata? I don't want to take Ambien or Lunesta.

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 05

I had horrible side effects from this. I changed my behaviour when I was on this, making me very aggressive, and agitated. I also hallucinated when I took it. It also never really worked on putting me to sleep, which was always my main problem, but it did keep me asleep once I took it, which was my second problem although not as severe.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

i fell asleep quickly. however you feelyou need another one. i t only kept me asleep 1-4 hours

Comment from: bdk5735, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 31

made my heart race after use, made dreams very realistic, hard to tell what was real and what was a dream. i became very edgy and paranoid. it changed my personlity

Comment from: whitetip_24, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

It worked quickly but I woke up not drowsey. I felt like I could start immediatly and felt really great and not drowsey

Comment from: ann, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

i love this i have tried every thing out there and now that im on this i dont go days without sleep and if i wake up in the middle of the night i can take one to help fall back to sleep without worring about it afecting my morning

Comment from: charleneinfla, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 07

This just did not work for me at all, I was up for hours after taking it and would have to take an OTC just to get some sleep. It is not for people with true sleeping disorders.

From WebMD