Soriatane User Reviews

Soriatane - User Reviews

Soriatane User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Soriatane sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lou, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

I first used Acetretin generic which had no contraindications for the use of alcohol attached. I was using alcohol while on the meds and my triglicerides went up. I was asked to stop taking it. 3 months later I started again after non-alcohol consumption for 3 months and got Soriatane - non-generic and viewed entire pamphlete. I may have to wait 5 years to be able to donate blood/kidney. My plaque psoriasis was on every limb and torso, front and back. Now, 3 months after using soriatane, I finished taking the meds and 95% of the plaque is gone. Leaving some darkened patches where plaque was. My lips dried during medication period. And, palms and sole of feet dried, too. Urine tended to smell slightly (as in high protein consumption). My lips went back to normal after two weeks and after four weeks no return of plaque to date. I tried to do UV-B light treatment while taking meds. First attempt - I was exposed for 6 minutes. I am olive skinned and take the sun well. The 6 minutes caused 1st degree burn to exposed areas and I peeled after 3 days. 3 months later I tried UV-B again and asked to tone down light strength by 2/3. I managed that UV-B fine with some tanning and went 3 times. That assisted the meds well. Better treatment than the next phase, Enbrel. I feel Enbrel is too much of a risk. Using diet and weight training to boost metabolism and maintain optimum immune system function.

Related Reading: Soriatane | psoriasis | Enbrel

Comment from: Jorge, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

It has worked for me. However, after some months (4) whenI reduced the dossage the psoriasis came back though not so strong

Comment from: CF, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

On the drug two weeks and seems to be working. Heavy hand and foot psoriasis with swelling joints on hands. They are packaging this with Versa-Care a foam skin treatment. A great product that adds a dimension of a band -aid like covering to the skin.And the foam dries quickly. I could never keep all the other creams on ... you use your hands all the time so if they were greasy the patients likely cannot use them or don't use them as regularly.

Comment from: Rena2010, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 25

I have been on this medication for 1 month to treat my plaque psoriosis resulting in terrific results! For once I feel normal again when nothing else has ever worked. The only symptom of psoriosis remaining is a little pink after show but even that goes away after about an hour. Side effects have been dry lips and fingertips( treatable with chapestick and lotion!) And my liver enzymes are starting to show a little abnormal slightly (keep you posted on that.) Last but not least is costly between the bloodwork, Dr. visits, and medication. Overall it has been worth it! :)

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 24

Severe dryness and peeling of the lips is very uncomfortable and unattractive, to say the least. Nose is very dry and bleeds often. I have experienced red, irritated eyes. My psoriasis shows some improvement in that there is less itching and the skin flakes are larger than before.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 10

THIS MEDICATION WORKS WELL - I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS I AM ON S.S. AND CAN NOT AFFORD THIS MEDICATION ANY MORE - I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF THER IS A GENERIC THAT WOULD COME CLOSE TO THIS MEDICATION - PLESE REPLY

Comment from: ahansen, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 16

I have been on it for a whil. Every few months I exprince the peeling of the fingers, butt hen goes away. I do have the lips that dry, in the summer they hands and feet get clamy, but I prefer this over the psoriasis. It feels great to walk around barefeet. The rest of my skin is so soft. If I stop taking it, it comes back but not as bad.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 24

COST TO MUCH

Comment from: Erica, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 06

I have been using for a year, it cleared my psoriasis up. My lips got extremely chapped but went to taking everyother day. The only complaint is that it makes my hands and feet peel every few months. Insurance changed and now it is to expensive.