Soriatane User Reviews

Soriatane - User Reviews

Soriatane User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Soriatane sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 30

I have now been on Soritane for 2 months. I took 25mg daily for the first month and now I am taking 50mg daily. I have had some side effects ie: dry chapped lips, itchy skin, body rash and skin peeling on noneffected area. My PPP on my hands and feet has healed, the skin is still red but I have not had any new pustules. My blood work remains good.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Socks, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 21

I have taken Soritane for three years off and on. The "off" is because it is not affordable. I swear by it because for one summer out of 5 I have been able to show my feet. It's worth it. I just hope it does not do my liver in.

Comment from: ladyjane, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

I started with 1 pill a day and by the 3rd day and I had a terrific headache, skin was peeling, burning, itching. Doc said to wait 3 days & then take pill every 3rd day. By the 2nd. pill my head felt like it would explode. Pain in the left eye, fingernails broke off, skin continued to peel, burn, itch. Stopped meds. After 2 weeks of headaches and eye pain went to eye doc. Medication had caused dry spots on my eye surface. Doesn't know if they will go away.Painful at times. Headaches continue. Psoriasis is better tho ! Not gone, but better. It now just looks rashy and itches. I go for my blood test Thursday to see if there is any liver damage and can't wait to hear that good news ! NO MORE SORIATANE for me. The cure is worse than the disease.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: plagued, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 08

Psoriasis of the palms and soles of feet. Immediate clearing of psoriasis with use of medication but accompanying relentless itching. Evidently not a common side effect, I was found to be "allergic" to the medication with feelings of bugs crawling under my skin; particularly troublesome on forearms and stomach area. Had to discontinue and have had some satisfactory response with PUVA treatments.

Comment from: missmarina, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 16

I have been on this for 3 months. Psor. not cleared completely but due to my severity I am hoping it will just take a little longer. I have RA too so trying Orencia due to Enbrel/Humira can actually cause flare ups. I don't like the toxicity factor but I am desperate. I also use topicals to keep moist and tar at night. Tar helps calm the inflamation. I will re-review in 6 months on Soriatane.

Related Reading: Orencia | Humira

Comment from: brazell, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 11

the drug has made my face look better. i have had some joint pain. i am using it for skin cancers.

Comment from: on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 11

Been on this medicine for over two and a half years. Once off it my foot started to break out and peel again so the doctor wants me back on it. Chapped lips and hair loss and soft finger nails are the biggest problems for me.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: debbie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 19

I cant affort this medication

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: September 06

My husband took this drug for years. Like others have said it caused dryness to the hair and lips,it also made his nails peel like paper. Later on he was dinosed with vascalitis, which I think was caused by the drug. the vascalitis caused many stroke which lead to his death. I recamend no one take this drug.I beged him for years to stop taken it but his skin was so bad and at the time he thought he had to have it. Wanda

Related Reading: stroke