Sotradecol User Reviews

Sotradecol - User Reviews

Sotradecol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sotradecol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

Although it is time consuming to have monthly blood tests and apmts, fill out the test online, and then pick up the meds; this is the best acne medication i have tried. My skin is completely clear after 60 days! The only problems have been my side effects; severely dry lips, bloody noses, dry skin patches on my hands and arms. Overall, very successful and only minor side effects.

Related Reading: acne | dry skin

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 02

This has been AMAZING! I've tried every type of oral medication you could imagine for my face and this is the only one ive seen improvement in. I've only been taking this for less than a month and almost EVERYTHING is gone. Despite the dry lips, peeling skin, and noticable mood changes this is definetly worth it. If nothing has worked for you yet definetly try this, you won't regret it!

Comment from: greasyfacemonster, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

I've only been taking this medication for three weeks, but I feel like I have someone else's skin. Before Sotret, my face was oilier than a pizza within an hour of being washed, no matter what products I used. My hair looked so oily I had to powder it twice a day. Even long wearing make up wore off after a few hours. I constantly looked dirty. I had acne all over my body, starting at age 9. I tried every single product line and treatment and always used them religiously and patiently, but nothing ever helped. All of this has already changed. I still have some acne on my face, but everywhere else it is gone. Just the reduction in oiliness has changed my life! I can skip a day showering! I am a normal human! My only side effect is dry lips, which is a normal skin problem regular people have, not freaky grease-monsters. I love this drug!

Related Reading: Sotret

Comment from: diva90210, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 20

THANK GOD!!!!! something finally has worked on my cystic chin acne. I have spent $$$$$ in the past and I hate that I waited to do this. So worth it. For dry lips, I use carmex and for dry nose, I use a saline gel called "Ayr". Works well. I hate the need le poke every month but sooo worth it. Have all the confidence oin the world now. Took about 6 weeks to notice results. I use she butter for skin drynes and Aveeno SPF 30 on face! You will love yourself for this. I take 3 pills of 20mg, 3x?day and I weigh 135lbs.Beware 1st 2 weeks you will have headaches but after your body accepts the drug, you are much better in the following weeks. GO GET IT! :-)

Published: December 19

I had tried everything about twice, and this was my last hope. It was a pain in the butt to get (birth control, pregnancy and blood tests, signing into the program...) but it was well worth it. I am in my second month of treatment now and have not had any new acne since my first 2 weeks on the medicine. Furthermore, the redness from my previous acne bumps are beginning to fade.

Related Reading: birth control | pregnancy

Comment from: Ladida, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 27

I'm currently going into my fourth month of taking the medication. My doctor said that typically, you should be cleared by the end of the third month, and I'm not. I've definitely seen a significant improvement. But I read that just 85% see complete results. What about the other 15%? Still, I have seen an improvement.

Comment from: Kandice, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 01

When my daughter was thirteen years old, she had acne soo bad that it would hurt just to lay her face down on a pillow at night. She religiously washed and cleaned her face three times a day. Never helped. Our family Dr prescribed her some creme for her face and that only made it red plus the bad acne now. A friend told me about a dr who could help her by prescribing her Sorcet. Her first visit with him, I told him if had any medication that would help her I'd be the most thankful person in the world. I just knew there was no helping her. After about a month of using it(she had to take it twice a day for five months), you could already see clearing on her face. I was estastic!! So was she. After 3 months, her face was completely cleared!! It was a miracle. She wasn't afraid to go out anymore, she went to ballgames and with friends. She just felt normal. She is 19 years old now and still has the most beautiful complexion. It never made her sick or have any mood swings. I cannot tell you how wonderful this medication has been. The doctor had told us it was a bacteria inside her body that had to be taken care of instead of on the outside with cremes. The price was expensive, but very well worth it.