Spectracef User Reviews

Spectracef - User Reviews

Spectracef User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Spectracef sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

I have asthma and chronic brinchitis. Allergic to many antibiotics and often have trouble finding antibiotic that will work. This drug was new, Im not allergic to it, and within 2 doses I felt so much better it was like "waking up." Highly recommend if you tend to have chronic infections.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: sensitivity, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

When prescribed this drug, I experienced severe stomache ache/pains and severe vomiting. I also broke out 1 day later in a tramatic case of hives all over my body. Do not recommend!!!

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: Clyde, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 23

Dr. prescribed Spectracef for acute bacterial bronchitis. On the 3rd day broke out in severe rash all over my body. Dr. said stop taking Spectracef immediately. Switched to Livaquin.

Related Reading: Spectracef | rash

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

This medication upset my stomach very badly. It worked as far as the infection goes but I could not stay out of the bathroom.

Comment from: jt676, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 02

this medication did not work for me and i had awful side effects, i stayed flushed everytime i took it!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

Within a few days I broke out into hives and itchiness all over. No relief, never have been allergic to anything with penicillin. Be Careful, unable to sleep due to the rash-just awful ever after I stopped taking it!!!

Comment from: kim, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 16

I was prescribed Spectracef for 30 days for a persistent sinus infection that other antibiotics couldn't cure. I took it for 12 days then started to have the most horrific diarrhea I've ever had. Turns out I had clostridium difficile. Unless you know for a fact that you don't have c. diff, this should be a drug of last resort - as it was for me. It improved my sinuses but I wouldn't say they are cured.

Related Reading: sinus infection | diarrhea

Comment from: Anne Seymour, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

Very easy to use and started feeling better within three doses. Very strong though...make sure you eat something with it.

Comment from: Lenny, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

I've used Spectracef 3 times for Sinus and Ear Infections and couldn't be happier with my results. No side effects and felt great 3 days after starting. I highly recommend this medication.

Comment from: roccodh, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 05

Doctor prescribed to treat strep/community acquired pneumonia.400 mg 1/a day for two weeks Nasty headaches all the way to my back and Face flushing and warmth which is annoying. Looks like it worked though.

Related Reading: pneumonia

Published: March 07

it works fine for what i have. it's hard to get "reviews' for drugs since everyone's health is different. works for me tho

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

it kills all bacteria in your body so expect some diarrhea or a yeast infection

Related Reading: yeast infection