Spiriva User Reviews

Spiriva - User Reviews

Spiriva User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Spiriva sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Abjoy814, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 05

Been using it for 2 years. NO side effects. Insurance will no longer pay for it & I have to switch to Advair. Unhappy about this.

Comment from: grumpybear, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 16

Really dry mouth, water retention, sinus irritation and congestion, bad nose bleeds, chest pain, increased pressure in eyes, blurred vision. All around feeling bad all over.

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: tidbit, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 21

HAS HELPED ME BREATHE MUCH BETTER AND HAVE NO SIDE EFFECTS SO FAR, CANNOT TAKE ADVAIR OR SYMBICORT THEY CAUSE SEVERE STOMACH UPSET AND PAIN, DIZZINESS MUCH MORE WHEEZING AND MORE TROUBLE BREATHING. I THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE A CLEAR CAPSULE, I INHALE MINE AND WAIT ONE MINUTE THEN INHALE AGAIN DON'T KNOW IF IT HELPS.

Related Reading: SYMBICORT | DIZZINESS

Comment from: ernmahon58@mcshi.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 07

I have experienced sleeplessness, muscle spasms and involuntary tics in my feet, ankles and neck, and the constipation and trouble urinating that others mention. I'm not sure this is a good drug.

Related Reading: muscle spasms

Comment from: ondibernie@aol.com, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 13

I am concerned about the Journal of American Medical Association letter regarding the possibility of stroke for Spiriva users

Comment from: bob, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 25

have used abt 6 weeks...for the last full week have been experiencing severe stomach cramps, burning sensations, bloated, difficulty breathing because of this. also, stomach pain encircles body to include back pain...never had any of this before spiriva...WILL STOP

Comment from: Barb, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 13

Diagnosed with Mod. COPD. Been on this med. for 5 days, no improvement. The only thing it has given me are heart palpitations. I'm on Symbicort as well. I love riding my bike (10+ miles per day), but the COPD restricts that now. Spiriva/Symbicort combo is worthless. I have more mucous and chest tightness now than before I started these meds. I'm an ex-smoker (2 1/2 packs - 31 years); quit 12 years ago. Doc says I've probably had COPD for many years, the symptoms are just now surfacing. Chest x-ray clear, lungs clear. Spiro test revealed that I have 62% lung function. I have bad allergies and am wondering if that's not most of the problem. I'm going for a 2nd opinion.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I used Spiriva for 2 months along with Advair 250/50. I had bad sore throat, nosebleeds,insomnia and coughing. My voice became very hoarse. Had bad headaches. I finally quit. My lungs did feel clearer though. I am a high risk for stroke so wasn't happy about the stroke risks.

Related Reading: sore throat

Published: February 26

Using Spiriva and Advair 500. Both are too expensive. Will meet my gap on medicare in 7 months. Wonder how much I am paying for the advertising for these 2 drugs. Should be a law against advertising prescription drugs. I need to quit one of them. Believe the Spiriva is causing urine retention in bladder. Causes bladder infections. Even with both drugs still have to use albuterol. Not sure what I should do. No alternatives.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

Spiriva changed my life. Before S, I would awaken in the middle of the nights with a lot of mucus and coughing even though my Doc had tried other meds. I would be up for about an hour getting to the point where I thought it was worth trying to get back to sleep.