Sporanox User Reviews

Sporanox - User Reviews

Sporanox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sporanox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: none, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 04

I have a fungal infection of the lungs called blastomycoces. I've been on Sporanox capsules 2 times a day, huge blue pills, since Febuary of 2010. The doctor says I will be on it for another year. For the last two months, May, and June, there has been absolutely no improvement. They are having to test my liver since this med is toxic to the liver and other organs. Has anyone else had this type of fungal infection and if so, how long did it take to recover, and what other side effects have you had?

Related Reading: Sporanox | liver

Comment from: DLH, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 01

TAkes along time to cure the problem. Almost a year now and the infection has not cleared up. Still have signs on one toe. I am a type 2 diabetic.

Comment from: histo_kid, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 29

I was diagnosed with histoplasmosis in my lungs in May 2007 after several trips to the hospital Sporonox work but the side effects got worse first with pain then nightmares now i experance fatigue also trouble sleeping and loss of interest

Related Reading: histoplasmosis | nightmares | fatigue

Comment from: Apple, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 04

I was prescribed Sporanox for long standing Oral Thrush caused by Seretide Inhaler for COPD. I was also given medications to protect my stomach - first Omeprozole (didn't get on with it, secondly Ranitidine (make me sick and finally Pantoprozole (Protium). I felt pretty unwell over the two months that I was taking these drugs (advising my GP of course).One day my heart rate which is normally 75 shot up to 160 and I was rushed to hospital. The result was anaphylactic shock followed by an angioplasty to put a stent in a 70% blocked Coronary Artery. It appears that the drug mix was to blame as I suffer from COPD and this is contra indicated. I wish my doctor had known that!

Related Reading: Thrush | shock

Comment from: beachlover, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 10

I have ongoing sinus infections which they think has a fungal base. First fungas then bacteria. I have been on IV antibiotics and it helps for awhile. Sporonox is the only thing that keeps me breathing. I have been on it on and off for 4 years. It is not solving the problem but it helps me be somewhat normal.

Comment from: steviesplittail@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 24

My Uncle is a podiatrist and had prescribed all the regular medications normally prescribed but none worked. I went to a doctor appointment and he said I can get rid of that for you and I would try anything. I was a 30 something young woman who loves to dress up and I love sandals in the summertime, painted toenails included. I am vain but I couldn't hide the deformity of the toenails anymore with nail polish! I'd try anything! To my literal amazement the Sporanox I was prescribed worked and worked so well that I told a gentleman at a Corvette Club gathering at a member's pool who looked like he needed it *badly too! When I saw him a few months later he was as gracious as anyone could be and so was I that I could help him smile in his sandals again! I was skeptical when prescribed Sporanox since my Uncle was a well known and well respected podiatrist with a reputation of being one of the best in Indianapolis and he loves me a lot. He couldn't fix my ugly toenails! I had also seen dermatologists who gave me this and that all to no avail! But HAIL Sporanox. I made the mistake of having a pedicure and I once again have that fungus. First, I'll never have another pedicure no matter how good it feels and secondly I've just started Sporanox again. I went years with no fungus infection at all. Probably almost 20 years but I know full well I'll have summer toes once again thanks to Sporanox. You can go through all the different medications prescribed for this problem and when nothing else works get Sporanox! Or just get the good stuff to start with! You'll be glad you did! Honestly!

Comment from: lfields25, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 14

Taking the syrup is like drinking cough syrup and I have GERD so I can't take for an hour after taking liquid Sporonox. Has my whole schedule messed up.

Related Reading: cough