Sporanox User Reviews

Sporanox - User Reviews

Sporanox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sporanox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 23

In December 2006, I was finally diagnosed with histoplasmosis after several trips to the hospital in the previous two months. I was a kidney transplant patient for almost ten years and the histo was causing me to feel awful all the time, throwing up a lot and losing several pounds. In December when they diagnosed the disease, the fungus was in my lungs, liver, kidney, and brain. I was hospitalized for two months, having to return to dialysis for 14 months. Many doctors thought I was not going to make it, but I pulled through. The sporonox did not taste well, but after a few months of it, I got used to it. I was eventually on it for 1 year. I am doing well now with no recurrences of the histo and with a new transplanted kidney. The medicine is awful tasting, but it kept me histo free.

Comment from: kath, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 08

In July 2006, I was diagnosed with Histoplasmosis, one year after a liver transplant. I was very ill for several months. I was hospitalized for several days before diagnosis. I had become very discouraged thinking my transplant recovery was not going as it should. I was not feeling well at all for a long time. The medication has it 'under control', but is difficult to take. 'Two hours after or one hour before food, with water only. Twice a day, 2cc, liquid. It makes me very nauseous, at times vomiting,sleepy, and it causes increaseingly severe leg pain, (and entire body)twitching. The taste is awful and is hard to swallow. I have been put on Requip, now up to 5mg and Skelaxin, three times a day. I take many other medication for anti-rejection and auto-immune hepatitus. The 'histo' can be very dangerous and I appreciate having this med., but my life is far from a quality lifestyle. As I very seldom feel 'well'. Dr. says I may have to take it indefinetly. Anyone else in my situation? K

Related Reading: Requip | Skelaxin

Comment from: wheelieguy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

This medicine worked wonders on treating a misdiagnosed case of Blastomycosis that went untreated for almost six months. By the time I was diagnosed, the blastomycosis had dissemintated from cough with blood to a baseball sized mass in my lung and eventually migrated to my skin. I had over 50 skin lesions and this medicine knocked the infection out after six months of treatment. I am left with the permanent scars on my skin, but my lung healed up without scarring. The only reason I didn't have more stars in my satisfaction is that this drug was $900 a month. After consulting with my veternarian, I could have gotten the same drug from him for $300 a month as Blastomycosis is rather rare in humans with about 1 in 100,000 people getting it a year, however dogs get it quite regularly.

Related Reading: scars

Comment from: allergy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

I was given this drug to treat a fingernail fungus contacted from a nail salon. I took the medicine before going to bed and was awakened a few hours later with severe itching. When I went into my bathroom and turned on the light, I could not believe the swelling and redness. I had red hives from the top of my head to the soles of my feet.

Related Reading: itching | hives

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 27

I am taking this medication because of a fungal infection in my lungs - coccidioidomycosis. Apart from not tasting very good, I have not experienced any of the side effects listed. Overall, the medicine seems to be working, and it is now easier for me to breathe, and the uncontrollable coughing has disappeared.

Comment from: Rita, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 29

I have a chronic sinus infection that causes my asthma symptoms to flare up and my doctor wants to treat it with this drug. However, the doctor says I will probably have to take it the rest of my life and I'm not sure but what the side effects might not be worse than the problems I am having now. Has anyone used it to treat chronic sinus infection and if so, has it helped and how long have you taken it?

Related Reading: sinus infection | asthma

Comment from: Mainstreet, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

Taste is terrible.

Comment from: SG, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 12

Fungal Sinus infection