Sprintec User Reviews

Sprintec - User Reviews

Sprintec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sprintec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sw13, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I put my cell phone a a re-occurring alarm. this allowed me to remember to take the pill everyday and at the exact time everyday. My periods were very consistent and light. No kind of cramping or pain. It did not make my acne worse. It worked really well for me.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Mandy, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 11

Okay, I would like for everyone deciding about this pill to not only read the reviews, but to also notice the trend I have noticed. Most of the awful reviews are by women who have taken this pill for less than two months, and until my third month I would have agreed. My first and second months were miserable. I had mood swings, tenderness, cramps, bloating, weight gain, the works. I thought I was pregnant, and I hadn't even had sex! Now, I couldn't be more satisfied with the pill. I feel great, my skin looks great, my sex drive has never been better, and my periods are becoming lighter!

Comment from: NavyGirl, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 18

It really cleared up a lot of my acne while taking away all the pains that go with your period. I do still get moody, but that is nothing compared to the pains and all the acne.

Comment from: dsfniofiejw, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 19

I've read alot about this pill before taking it. By the reviews, I was almost afraid to take it. Knowing it works differently for everyone, I decided to give it a go. I've been on this pill for 4 months now. Expecting to experience side-effects, I've had none. (Maybe it's because I take it every day; on time, every time.) I also get my periods every month, 2 days after I start the in-active pills. This is a plus because there'd be months it'd be absent. It works for me & I recommend it. Plus, it's cheap. $27 for a three month supply, or $9 a month.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

I am writing this review because I got on here and read the reviews before I started this drug, and almost immediately wanted to call and get a new Rx because I was so scared of all the horrible side effects. I am on my second month and have had no side effects whatsoever. If anything, my face has cleared up and the pill has been very beneficial. I have never been on birth control before and can not tell a difference in anything now that I am on the pill. Don't let all the bad reviews scare you! I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Related Reading: birth control

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 09

I have only been using Sprintec for one month but have used it in the past for longer periods of time. I have always suffered from severe pms symptoms that are almost completely alleviated by taking this drug. My periods are shorter and lighter, my cravings are decreased, my bloating is reduced and my sex drive has stayed the same. I would definitly recommend this birth control to anyone looking.

Related Reading: Sprintec

Comment from: meljo, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 15

I have been on Sprintec for two years straight, and have been on it before several years prior. I have not had any of the side effects other users have stated, and find my periods light and regular, no cramps, moodiness or bloating. No pregnancy (phew)! My sex drive is normal. For $9 a month, totally worth it!

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: ivyleague1970, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I took the Sprintec Birth Control Pills for 3 and ½ years. I started taking it one month after my first daughter was born to prevent unwanted pregnancy. It worked. I never got pregnant. But what didn't work is all the side effects that come with it. My OB/GYN never told me about any of this. He prescribed it and that was it. I didn't know one little tiny pill could wreck so much havoc in my life. I was depressed, very moody, irritatable, low libido and could not loose weight. I thought I had post-pardum all this time. I was tired all of the time. I was very, very emotional. I would cry at the drop of a hat. My husband thought I was crazy and we separated. I was seeing a psychiatrist for depression and they prescribed anti-depressants, which I didn't take. Nothing I did could lift this “fog on my brain.” It wasn't until I stopped taking the pill while my husband and I were separated, that I felt normal again. I felt like my old self. My sex drive came back. My husband noticed it immediately, “I finally got my wife back!” I will never take the pill again! It is not worth it.

Related Reading: depression