Sprintec User Reviews

Sprintec - User Reviews

Sprintec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sprintec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 10

I switched from YAZ to Sprintec 28 and have been very happy with Sprintec 28. I got on birth control originally because my menstrual periods were nearly unbearable. Sprintec 28 has been great, altogether. My skin has cleared, I have never had a pregnancy scare, I haven't gained weight on it, and I don't deal with cramps EVER. I'm very happy with Sprintex 28 and don't plan on switching anytime soon.

Comment from: casssio, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 22

After reading all these reviews I was so scared to take this pill. It's my first time on BC, and I've been taking it for nearly 2 complete cycles. I have not had one single side effect. I was hoping it would get rid of my acne.. but it didn't. At least it didn't make it worse though (I guess It's because I have non-hormonal acne). I got my period on time and I didn't get pregnant despite having lots and lots of unprotected sex with my boyfriend :) The only problem I'm having from it is because I accidentally forgot to take my pill one day and had to take two the next day. So now I'm having some spotting. Not a big deal though. I am very pleased with this pill and so relieved I didn't get any of those horrible side effects! I also have a friend who is taking this and hasn't had any problems either. And it's relatively cheap so I think it's worth a shot

Comment from: nomoresprintec, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 15

I have been taking Sprintec for 3 1/2 years. I am 28 years old. I had blood work done at my doctor's office because I am always fatigued. My doctor's office called today and said that my estrogen and testosterone levels were too low and that was causing me to constantly be tired. They said that Sprintec was known to cause low testosterone and estrogen levels (I didn't even know women had testosterone lol!) I didn't have any spotting or irregular bleeding, or headaches while taking Sprintec, and yet it was affecting my body negatively. My sex drive has been non-existent, but I thought it was just me. I'm glad to finally have answers. My doctor wants me to try Loestrin 24, and it is only $17 at Wal-Mart. I hope this information is helpful to other women who are taking Sprintec :)

Related Reading: low testosterone

Comment from: baud, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

I've apparently had a hormone imbalance that has made most of my post-pubescent life a living hell! As soon as I began taking Sprintec I was happier, less moody, nicer to my loved ones, and felt the drive to actually take care of myself. I take my pill before I go to bed to sleep through any immediate side effects. I do notice some nausea if I don't get enough sleep, but taking it before bed really made the difference between intolerable side effects that I had on Sprintec the first time (took it at 2 pm).

Comment from: Bippy-Lu, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 17

I had taken Yaz prior to Sprintec. My Dr. recommended it because Yaz caused too many side effects. This one is just as bad but I'm going to stick it out to see if I adjust. I have awful breast tenderness. Like I'm engorged w/ milk. I have higher ab pains and I always feel like I could throw up at any point. usually subsides at night. It's all like morning sickness. Very bloated but no appetite. The breast pain is the worst!

Comment from: YourFavoriteBITCH, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

This birth control almost RUINED MY LIFE. I had SEVERE mood swings, rage, anxiety and depression. i told my husband who ive loved since i was 17 years old that i wanted a DIVORCE countless times for no reason at all, one time i even broke a mug and got mad at myself and ended up telling him i wanted a divorce. We have the most amazing marriage and are the best of friends in the world -- this drug almost ruined all of that for me. NEVER TAKE THIS DRUG!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mention the hair loss and i was always tired, oh yeah and did i mention i was a BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! i hate having to give this DRUG one star, i wish i could give it negative. not satisfied does not begin to cover it. FLUSHING THE PILLS AND DETOX STARTS TODAY

Related Reading: anxiety | hair loss

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 20

After reading many of these reviews, I was very hesitant to try this pill. I figured that every woman reacts differently, so I would give it a try. I wanted to go on the pill for a few reasons: to regulate my period, deal w/PMS and severe cramps, and birth control. This is the first form of birth control that I have tried, and so far, I am pleased. I am on the white pill of first pack. I take it at 9:30 every night, usually on an empty stomach. I was concerned with the side effects interfering in my everyday life, especially at work, that's why I decided to take it at night when I'm home. Since I began the pill, I experienced little nausea (mainly in the first few days), occasional minor headaches, and very little spotting. I have also noticed mood swings happening more frequently; I find myself crying more. However, I do not know if that has to do w/the pill or what's going on in my personal life right now. I also have noticed almost constant breast tenderness, nothing unbearable though, and they seem to have gotten a little bigger...no complaints there! If you are considering this pill, I would recommend giving it a try, and just remember that every woman reacts differently.