Sprycel User Reviews

Sprycel - User Reviews

Sprycel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sprycel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kitkat25704@hotmail.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 05

I was diagnosed 3 years ago with CML, I was put on Gleevec which after one year my body rejected it. I was put on Sprycel 140mg. I was Philiidelphia Chromazone positive with CML. After one year I was reduced to 100 mg, now there is no PH positive in my blood, my leukemia is holding it's own on just 50 mg. I have had no side effects while on this drug like I did with Gleevac. My hair has grown back in, my potassium levels never drop out of the normal range now like it did on the Gleevac. I am extremely satisfied with this drug, and because it's less expensive then the Gleevac, it should be the first offered when first diagnosed. Patient

Related Reading: Gleevec | Sprycel | leukemia

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 16

Went into respiratory failure within 7 days of taking this medicine

Comment from: muffins, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 28

In 9/08 I was diagnosed w/ Philadelphia chromosome positive CML. I have a long history of migraines, that, w/ daily medication, have been under control since 2001.When I 1st started Sprycel, I had an almost constant mild migraine (yeah - an oxymoron) for 8 days. On the 9th day no migraine & I've been migraine free since. I've had no other side-effects. At my diagnosis, 88% of the cells in my bone marrow were leukemic. At my last biospy in 12/08, only 6.5% of my bone marrow cells were leukemic. So the Sprycel is working!

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: williwaws, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 17

Achieved PR undetectable in five months on Sprycel and maintained PCRu at 8 mos after developing severe hepatotoxicity to Gleevec afer five months of its use. Mild side effects noted mostly skin issues and fatigue but I am fully functional.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: rosemaryl1, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 04

I have severe headaches, joint pain, and fatigue with this drug.

Comment from: superstew7, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I started this medication as a "last" alternative to a BM transplant. Since taking Sprycel my CML is in complete remission. No side effects worth mentioning at all. I was given the "6 months" to live talk almost 2 years ago. With 2 small kids, a wife and under 30 things looked ugly but im still around! THANKS SPRYCEL!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: MrsWulf, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 09

Started on Gleevec when diagnosed 6 years ago. 1.5 years in, switched to Sprycel, could barely function on Gleevec from extreme nausea. Minimal side effects on Sprycel. Full remission for 6 months now. Minor side effects: occasional nausea, heat intolerant. Able to fully function. This drug saved me :)

Comment from: kermes, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 26

Diagnosed Ph+ CML 04/07 when 67. On Gleevec until 10/2007 with good results, but with strong side effects (skin sore, cramps). Changed to Sprycel 11/2007 with very good results up to date 04/2011 (major cytogenetic remission, Bcr-Abl/Gus < 0.1 %). No side effects at all. I live as if I had no illness. Only have to take 2 x 50 mg pills daily. I feel very fortunate.

Comment from: Bingome, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 07

Having many side effects from Gleevec 400mg (tried less and vacations from it, too), after 8 mos. was switched to Sprycel. Four months later (11 mos. from diagnosis) there was no trace of CML left (PCRu). Some fatigue is main side effect, slight edema. Mainly, within two days of starting Sprycel, the brain fog lifted. Am very happy with Sprycel.

Related Reading: edema

Comment from: Tired, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 29

I was switched to Sprycel after developing both resistance to Gleevec and intolerance of the highest dose. My first few months on the drug (at 140mg) were very unpleasant, with severe headaches, enlarged and tender breasts, and constant bouts of mild to moderate fever. I also developed anemia and mild heart problems. After resting from it several times and going down to 100mg/day, I now tolerate it well, and while my PH+ number tends to rise in Winter I have generally low numbers of PH+ cells. I have been using it for more than 3 years now and am still stable. I have had CML for over 15 years.

Related Reading: fever | anemia