Sprycel User Reviews

Sprycel - User Reviews

Sprycel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sprycel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jvn, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 24

My father has been on this for 1 year, has extream weight loss. Continuous fluid in bothlungs requiring draining per aspiration several times and this week,chest tubes.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

Comment from: Rainne, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 02

Severe bone pain from both Gleevec and Sprycel, Gleevec stopped working, Sprycel has caused other problems as well as the bone pain. Disabled due to side efttect of both the disease and the meds.

Comment from: Sansa, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 02

Started on Gleevec, caused severe bone pain, stopped working, switched to Sprycel, can only tolerate lowest dose, 50mg, still have severe bone pain as well as quite a few other side effects. In remission for the last year or so. On disability, not able to function well due to pain and pain meds.

Comment from: Rob, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 12

Compared to Tasigna, (Nilotonib), which has a 3 hour food window twice a day, this has been so much easier, and I am able to maintain my weight. Since I have been on Sprycel, my CML has gone from 27% of my blood, to 1/10th of one percent. I am currently in both molecular, and cyber genetic remission. I should remain this way, as long as I take Sprycel everyday, for the rest of my life.

Related Reading: Tasigna

Comment from: Khaloud , 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 06

At first like any medication you need to give your body time to adjust. For those that complain of yest infections wash you self with water every time you use the bathroom and dry with toilet paper. Don't just wipe with toilet paper. I went to MD Anderson for a second opinion. I needed to know if i was taking all i need to take and if I could push my self or just lay back and stay tired. After being told that I vould push my self I went back to the gym and started off as someone that just started working out. It takes time to get your body back to a normal routine. I did what I could and worked my way up. After a couple of weeks I was back to normal. Now I'm able to take two classes back to back and feel great. I do step, Total body wheight lifting, yoga, treadmill, eleptical, my oncologist homogoligest doctor put me on a dieratic for my water retention. You have to see a hemotioligest no just oncoligest. If you could find on that is both even better I am not letting this control my life. I am trying to take control of it. I have my bad days, but very few. I was diagnosed in mid January of 2012. My white count was back to normal within 3 months after taking the Sprycil . I have been in remition for 2 months now. I'm scheduled for another bone narrow on the 16th of this month in MD Anderson. No one should ever give up. You can turn your self around. After all it could be worse. I am very thankful to god that Sprycil is available for our condition. I sometime forget that I have CML.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 02

after taking this med for 5 yrs i just recently started having severe joint and bone pain.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 26

I need this medication the AARP cut me off JANUARY 2010 I am starting to have headach again whe I went to fill my perscription the phamisist wanted $4554.86 I do not have any money for these meds I make 11.00 per hour when I can work i any one know of an agency that can help call me 50mg 412-378-1454

Comment from: Verdeana, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 29

after 10 months of use I have Pericardial Tamponade, and Plurel Effusion. I cannot take Gleevec or Tasigna due to severe reactions. Now its a waiting game to see what happens.

Comment from: jakhamer, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

13 years with ph+ cml started gleevec{after 5 yrs no treatment}tolerated for 2 yrs then sprycell for 1 and half yrs now.Side effects include Bone pain,cold sweat with severe chills{quite debillitating},some acne,depression and malaise, some memory deficit.Recent plueral effusion and pluerisy. Bone pain and acne satisfactorily treatable.Complete cytogenetic remission with less than .001 pcr {undetectable}

Related Reading: acne | depression