Stalevo User Reviews

Stalevo - User Reviews

Stalevo User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Stalevo sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jacksonfl, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 13

I am currentaly diagnosed as moderate to severe. First symptons 1991. Officially diagnosed 1997. Stalevo has helped me get into an "on" situation almost every time I dose. I have reached my saturation point with a max of 7 x 100mg a day. If I stay active, I have found that I can stay "on" much longer. I still work with the aide of an electric wheelchair. I also take a 2mg Requip with each dose. and 75mg of Amytriptaline before bedtime.

Related Reading: Stalevo | Requip

Comment from: jspony2001, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I am 7 years diagnosed and began treatment with Stalevo 100 mg in March 2008. It was immediately effective for my symptoms and I reversed about 4 years with my symptoms, virtually no symptoms. I also take .5 mg of Mirapex with each dose. I am now experiencing wearing off and feel under medicated, so will talk to my neuro about adjusting my medications. This drug has given me a new lease on life. I exercise 4 times per week, which helps with my symptoms and seems to help the drug work.

Related Reading: Mirapex

Comment from: Tom, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 09

I was diagnosed with PD in 1997. Began taking Stalevo 100 in January 2005. Had DBS Surgery December 2006. Stalevo is very effective and is easy to use. I now take 6 Stalevo 100 per day, but with adjustments to my DBS stimulator (happening tomorrow 02-10-2010, I should be able to reduce the frequency and quantity of Stalevo and Sinemet. (I also take 1/2 Sinemet 25/150 with each Stalevo, Mirapex 0.5 MG four times a day and Azilect 1.0 MG once a day).

Related Reading: Sinemet | Azilect

Comment from: lulu, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 21

8yrs ago told I had Parkinson's at age 61, I have been taking Stalevo almost from the start. I have started experiencing a real slowing down shortly after dose, I have dropped from 100mg to 50mg and feel a real relief, more energy. I have never had tremores.

Comment from: Anthony, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

So long as I take my Stalevo every 6 hours (+/- 1/2 hour), I don't have the wearing off problems that I had with carbo/levadopa. I have been on Stalevo about 6 months, and I am not awar of any side effects. I am a 77 year old male.

Comment from: tariq khan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 23

MY slurring and Drooling has improved with this medcine, except the dose at 11Am, which is maybe as a result of the various other drugs that Im taking at 10 am, which are 1} norvasc 5mg, 2] natrilix S.R. 1.5mg.3] Seroxat20mg,4} Centrum Silver 5}Loprin 75mg, 5} Zyloric 300mg, 6)Methycobal tablets 500mg.

Related Reading: norvasc

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 22

I was diagnosed with PD a year ago and have taking Stalevo for eight months. My doctor says my condition is stable.

Comment from: curepd, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 13

Im 44yr old male,have been taking stalevo for 2yrs.Iam now exsperiancing headaces and some confussion concerned.Will see nuero soon.Other than that helps my tremors and stiffness.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 29

drowiness during day, loss of movement somewhat during afternoons, chewing impaired loss of energy

Comment from: mary, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 15

I take it 4 times a day, before it was 8 sinemets, helps laot, slows down the tremors, if dosage is not taken at correct time, tremors with happem, but iam very pleaed with this drug....

Comment from: noela, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 09

it has lessened the off periods i had previously. my tremor has disappeared.

Comment from: jimbovfw1@yahoo.com, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 10

New to this med. Read the insert and I'm scared of it. I have not started to take this Med yet

Comment from: k boston, (Patient) Published: July 15

i just started with this med and now have swollen hand,feet tired and see little relief from tremors

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.