Starlix User Reviews

Starlix - User Reviews

Starlix User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Starlix sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 06

I have been taking Starlix (along with Metformin and Lantus) for three years. I rarely have lows and have seen no weight gain. I have found that if I take Starlix 30 min. before my meal, it will drop my blood sugar to an acceptable level before I eat.

Related Reading: Starlix | Lantus

Comment from: MARIKO, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 25

I HAVE BEEN TAKING THIS DRUG FOR OVER FIVE YEARS.IT HAS WORKED WELL WITH CONTROLING MY SUGAR LEVELS.MY A1C RESULTS HAVE BEEN AVERAGING 5.2 I WAS SWITCHED TO STARLIX FROM GLUCOPHAGE AND GLUCOTROL WHICH LED TO HELPING MY KIDNEYS FAIL. STARLIX WORKS BETTER FOR ME BECAUSE OF MY MEAL SCHEDULE. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS DRUG.

Related Reading: GLUCOPHAGE | GLUCOTROL

Comment from: krnsmith, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 16

I have taken since 2002. If I don't take it before breakfast and dinner, my sugar can get up to 200 or just past as well as some meals at noon. I feel though I have to eat a certain amount at a meal to keep from getting low sugar though and may keep me from loosing weight. I am a nibbler at times and can do ok between meals unless it is too much and then I take an additional Starlix. On no other meds. Fasting glucose usually from 110-130. Post meals very up to 180. Last AC1 was 6.1.

Comment from: djt11@sbcgloab.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 21

Since taking this dug for more than a month I have had severe lower flank pain.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 11

I had excellent results for 7 years and now must add another drug. The generic Starlex (nateglinde) tastes terrible.

Comment from: lady , 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 22

how long does it take the medication to become effective, I have taken it 5 days 3Xs aday and my blood sugar is up to 200 and will not decrease

Published: January 15

My blood sugar went from 125to180

Comment from: theyit, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

I was taking Novolog on a sliding scale three times a day. Now with starlix I was able to give up those three shots a day. My sugars are running between 70 and 115. I do st8ill take 36 units of Levimir at bedtime.

Related Reading: Novolog

Comment from: Moondog, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 31

Been using this drug for over five years now and take it before each meal. I still bet high BS readings(150-175) when I get up in the morning but is returns to a more normal resding before lunch (100-110) My doctor and I do not plan on changing anything at this time.

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 04

allows me to maintain my ideal weight without having my blood sugar to go too high. My HabAic is 6.5. do not have any bad side effects

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 15

I have been on this drug for 2 months. At first my blood sugars remained low, then they have gradually creeped upward to the mid to high 100's. My dietary habits have not changed at all, so so see no reason why my blood sugars are getting higher.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 30

I have taken this drug for 3 weeks. I have experienced weight gain, vision problems, and cardiovascular problems (sluggish, out of breath - and I'm an active person). I stopped taking it 4 days ago and eht energy level is up, the weight is going down but still have vision problems. Seeing both my Family Dr and Optomostrist to find out why the problems.