Stelara Injection User Reviews

Stelara Injection - User Reviews

Stelara Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Stelara Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MaraJones, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 18

I've had HORRIBLE psoriasis since I was an infant. I have a home light therapy unit but that isn't exactly safe long-term. Neither is the cyclosporine that, although effective, my doctor won't leave me on for extended periods of time. My psoriasis left unchecked often covers my entire body! I've been on raptiva as well as humira and neither drug helped at all. The humira actually aggravated my psoriasis and my doctor had to put me on a large dose of cyclosporine to get it under control again. So when Stelara became an option, I didn't think it would work because the other biologics didn't. I was so very wrong! After my first injection my skin was significantly clearer; only the spots on my knees and elbows and a little behind my ears lingered. Soon after my second injection my skin was completely clear. I am still having a hard time believing it. I'm actually going to get my third injection tomorrow and I am excited! About getting a shot! The only thing that I would change about the drug is the fact that I have to go to the doctor to get the injection. It would be a little more convenient if they sent me the meds at home. Nevertheless, I could not be more surprised and happy with the results I've gotten from Stelara. By the way, I have had no side effects from the medication either which is awesome.

Related Reading: psoriasis | raptiva | humira

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 22

Have had severe psoriasis for years and have tried everything. Enbrel,Humira,Remicade,Raptiva,Orencia,Laser and Phototherapy. Nothing worked and even had allergic reactions to some. Have been on Stelara since November and it has been amazing. I had given up hope but it has really worked for me so far.....Downside is that it is ridiculously expensive and my next injection wont be covered by insurance and long term side effects are unknown ... however this is the first summer that i have enjoyed in a long time Good Luck!

Related Reading: Enbrel | Remicade | Orencia

Comment from: pissed, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 03

this drug stelara almost killed my wife. They never metion that if you take this after takeing other s like humira you can have demylanting brain lesions which there is no cure and its crippling affect.like humira this drug should be off the market there studies are a farce.

Related Reading: stelara | brain lesions

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 17

First time I have been clear since I was diagnosed at 17. Have now developed Lichen Planus which doctor feels is linked to Stelara....anyone else have this issue?

Related Reading: Lichen Planus

Comment from: acritz, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 17

I received my first injection in early January and noticed a significant improvement in only three days. I got my second injection a few weeks ago and other than some skin discoloration at the patch sites my psoriasis is almost totally gone. I have had psoriasis for almost 50 years and nothing has worked like Stelara.

Comment from: dbm1981, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 04

After my last post on 8/19, my psoriasis is worse now than it's ever been. I've been taking 90mg of Stelara every 12 weeks and for a while it seemed a lot better. In the last few weeks, however, it is now by far the WORST flare I've ever had. I just don't know what to do!!!

Comment from: bobinCT, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 07

I have had psoriasis since age 20. Very severe at times. first steroid creams and ointments, then progressed to tar and photo therapy, then to methotrexate. Methotrexate was effective but along came enbrel and Dr. had me switch. Enbrel was effective for the most part....still had to use some steroid creams, etc. Have been on Stelara since it first came out. Very good results over this past year....tested effectiveness by not using any steroids and psoriasis is pretty much localized to elbows. Now just use steroids periodically to maintain. Nice to just have to go to the Dr. every 12 weeks vs. having to do weekly shots. Only side effect is vertigo which has started the past month and not sure if it is related to stelara or not.

Related Reading: vertigo