Stelara Injection User Reviews

Stelara Injection - User Reviews

Stelara Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Stelara Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Elizabeth, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

I have been on this since October and have had three injections. So far, I am 95% clear! That is with starting level of 70% of my body with psoriasis. I was on Raptiva which was 85% effective and Enbrel which did nothing. I think this is a wonder drug. Too bad I can't give the injection myself, though.

Comment from: fvoom, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 22

just had my first injection 29Dec2009 I will get my 2nd injection on 26Jan2010. I experienced two days of mild lethargy, other than that, no other side effects. it has helped approx. 75%. Humira did not work for me so my doctor says this should work. Well, at the same time, I was given Clobex steroid cream. The combination took the psoriasis away except acouple of areas on my heels and palms. Cannot see it but can feel it. Hope I continue to improve and stay that way.

Related Reading: Clobex

Comment from: dbm1981, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 19

UPDATE...after 4 injections of Stelara, I've seen wonderful progress. After the first 2, my psoriasis came back with a vengence, but has improved remarkably. I just read an article that said some patients don't see any improvment until about 1 year...so keep the faith!!!

Comment from: dbm1981, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 15

Have already had the first 2 injections. So far, no noticeable changes...still very red skin patches, lots of scaling, itchiness had decreased somewhat. Have noticed some tiredness and have experienced an acne breakout (may not be related, but started after the first injection). Will have another injection April 29.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: tiger, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 18

bronchitis, always clearing my throat and asma attachs, which I am now going through a ct scan to find out exately how it effected my lungs, will keep stelara users informed. However, I must say my greatest satisfaction is that after 32 years and using all creams in the market, I am now 85% psoriasis free.

Comment from: stelara, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 24

In my 3rd injection, my psoriasis dissapeared completely, though leaving the area with a brown skin discolouration where I had my psoriasis, dermo says with time it will go away - waiting.

Comment from: aim, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 16

I'm about six weeks into the regimen - just had the second injection two weeks ago - and am not seeing marked improvement. I'm using Clobex as well, but am getting new plaques anyway.

Comment from: MBD, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 21

I have developed lichen Planus, my Doctor says it's most likely reaction to Stellara Injections. I regret ever taking this drug

Comment from: j.h, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 24

good, but the psoriasis came back too soon. 2 months after the second injection the condition almost return the same way as it is before stelara injection. (still need to apply ointment on and off every week)

Comment from: AnnMaloy, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 14

In May it will be a year since my first treatment. After the loading doses and at least the first 12 week treatment, my psoriasis quit bleeding, that was a huge improvement. Like many here I went through all the usual treatments until Stelara (also on Methotrexate), including Remacade (this is when the bleeding started). I do have side effects but I'm going to try to tough it out since I would like this to work. Sore throat, runny nose, tired, headaches, some of these symptoms subside after about 1 - 2 weeks.

Related Reading: Sore throat

Comment from: Deb, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 13

I used Stalera for a full year, along with clobetsol. My psoriasis grew steadily worse. Not worth the health risk involved in the use of this medication , for me.