Stelara Injection User Reviews

Stelara Injection - User Reviews

Stelara Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Stelara Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: marie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 05

Never again! I was injected and the next morning my tongue was swollen. I called the drug manufacturer (the Stelara toll free number on their website) when I was concerned when the tongue was all swollen and they kept me on the phone for 20 minutes just to ask me my name and phone number 4 times and then tell me to call my doctor since they could not give me any medical advise. Why couldn't they tell me that All I wanted to know if this was a possible side effect because their website does not list it (but thankfully drugs.com did list it). At the time I was not overly stressed or worried my tongue was visibly swollen and I could not eat but I was able to breath normally. I called my doctor and he gave me an epi pen if my throat closed and he was very concerned. I could not eat all day because of the swollen tongue and spoke funny with a lisp. Later in the day, my jaw swelled and locked where I could no longer speak, my eyes and lymph nodes swelled as well. I had intense pain in my ear down to my jaw bone like a ice pick was piercing the ear drum and going down into my jaw. I was still in denial. I initially thought I may have had a dormant bacterial infection or viral infection that became active with the immune suppressant, not an allergic reaction. I went to an emergency clinic. We got there right at 7:30. The doctor kind of laughed at me when I said I thought that I may have an infection. He told me that I had an allergic reaction. He gave me a shot of prednisone. He said if I went to the ER they would give me the shot, a Rx for steroids and an antihistamine for home. I left there at 8 PM. By 9:30 all of my symptoms were cleared. It really was a true allergic reaction.

Comment from: Terry, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 30

I have had two shots and I have seen no results. I am tired all the time and I have more spots than I did before I started. I get worse in the summer months. I am exactly backwards from most people. I also have crohns disease and authritis to deal with, and I live at the beach. I need something that is gonna work.

Comment from: stewy626, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 29

after my first injection i had seen great inprovment, Thne i had my second injection and all I had where some brown patches which i was told my go away, Beut now I am 6 weeks away from my next injection and the plaques are starting to come back, My body is 95% effected. I feel in the injections were given closer together the results would be better and the psoraisis would same away longer

Comment from: pattycakes, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 29

My experience with stelara is okay. It is helping some and have noticed some improvement. Im using stelara every two months however when i was taking it once a month i had dramatic improvement. Every two or three months just not that effective.

Comment from: Kent, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 12

I have been mostly clear of psoraiasis patchs for several years.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 31

My PS is totally gone, miracle.

Comment from: amedwards, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 03

I have been on sterlara for 2 years now. I have never used a medication that has provided me with 99% clearance. The only trouble is fatique, high liver enzymes count, and a vitamin d deficiency. My dermatologist says it isn't related but I am not taking any other medications and she deems untrustworthy. In the process of finding a new dermatologist.

Related Reading: liver | vitamin d deficiency