Stimate User Reviews

Stimate - User Reviews

Stimate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Stimate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jetaime061607, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 08

my daughter has von willebrands shes 9 and she has been able to take this with no problem she used to take amicar but i couldnt get her to swallow the medicine with this its so much easier and she does well after taking it.

Related Reading: amicar

Comment from: sue, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 04

I have used Stimate since it came on the market many years ago, on an "as needed" basis, with no side effects. My bleeding time goes from "greater than 20 minutes" to seven or eight minutes (within normal range) within an hour after dosing. This makes it possible for me to have medical and dental procedures that doctors might otherwise be unwilling to perform. One of my daughters also has von Willebrand's, and uses Stimate every month to keep her period from being so severe. I took a dose yesterday after getting smacked by a falling tree limb. Instead of a huge black bruise this morning, I only have a yellowish knot on my arm. I think it's great to finally have a medication that can help people with this disorder. Some people may have severe side effects, but you should at least try the medication, and check your reaction. Most of us have fantastic results.

Related Reading: Stimate

Comment from: Jen, 13-18 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 08

My son has VWD and has severe nose bleeds, we use this medicine all the time and so far it seems to work.

Comment from: Val, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 16

I have had side affects to stimate nasal and feel sick for a couple of days after administering 1 spray in each nostril. My blood pressure goes high, I cannot sleep and am very restless and agitated. I only use it prior to dental work or surgery.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 21

I was prescribed this medicine after finding out that I was a symptomatic carrier of Hemophilia. I've been using it for about a decade and have never had a bad experience or side effect. I have used it for both menstrual cycles and surgeries and it worked amazing for both. I am very thankful for it.

Related Reading: Hemophilia

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 22

This medication does work, but the side effects are extremely nasty. I get very sick, dizzy, headache, hot flashes, sick to my stomach, things you don't want to take if you're already taking it for bleeding. I would always try to convince my mom that I didn't need it and "the bleeding would stop eventually" just to avoid taking it.

Related Reading: headache | hot flashes

Comment from: parish, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

I had a horrible reaction to this drug after a c-section where my sodium went to critical levels and I was incoherent and did not respond or talk to anyone in 36 hours. My brain had swelling and I was in the ICU for 3 days. If you take this MAKE sure they monitor your sodium. The drug was effective for my bleeding but had a horrible side effect.

Comment from: gscar, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 20

I get a bad headache and don't feel well for a couple days after taking this. I wish there was something different without all the side effects it has.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

The medicine works very well to control my bleeding, but it gives me horrible headaches and vomiting that one time put me in the hospital.