Strattera User Reviews

Strattera - User Reviews

Strattera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Strattera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mervy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 15

After years of being treated unsuccessfully for depression, my family doctor diagnosed me with ADD. I have only been on this medication for 1 month, but I want to know - is this what life is like for other people? Can life truly be this effortless? Gone are the constant extraneous thoughts. I can listen to people all the way through a whole sentence, and feel much more connected to the world. As far as side effects go, the first couple of days I had a headache, and I can't seem to sleep longer than six hours, but who cares!!! Life awaits!

Related Reading: depression | headache | sleep

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 29

I want to make this a very detailed review for you new users. I'm a 25 yr old male. I've been taking this drug for almost 2 yrs. First off, I can notice great differences in focus. I no longer drift off and feel like my mind is in a fog. I take 60 mg per day and I weight 70 kg. It's important to know that the dosage is supposed to be 1 mg of Strattera per 1 kg of body weight, so I'm actually taking 10 mg under what I'm supposed to and getting good effects. It has also brought down my anxiety and made me a little more mellow. As far as the side effects go, I sometimes get a little lightheaded and nauseous if I don't take with food. I do have dry mouth, and my urine is very concentrated, due to the medication drying me out. I have to drink lots water. As far as sexual side effects, I have a slight discharge of seminal fluid once or twice but the main effects that I think men have is due to dehydration from Strattera. If you are having sexual side effects, try increasing your fluid intake and it seems to greatly help with fixing the concentration of urine and the feeling that you have to continue to urinate or release semen, even if you don't have too. I hope this helps, Strattera is great as long as you drink plenty of fluid throughout the day. It's helped me become more successful in my job and focused throughout the day.

Related Reading: Strattera | anxiety | dry mouth

Comment from: mkj47, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

Strattera has for the most part been a godsend! I am 47 today and have been sturggling to figure out my "problem" since high school. Depression and anxiety ensued which combined with the ADD symptoms greatly effected productivity and my relationship with my wife and kids. I had heard of Strattera severla years ago but didn't want to take drugs to offset what was maybe "just the way I am." But, I was getting desperate to find an answer, and get rid of the "fog." So, I started Strattera in March and saw instant positive results. I have read 6 books in 8 weeks with excellent comprehension. I think before I speak and listen better when in a conversation. Most of all I feel hopeful about the future. I am no longer depressed on so worried about things. I have had some minor side effects but they seem to come and go. My biggest concern is sleep. I was having trouble sleeping anyway, so I don't know if I can blame Strattera for this. I am very tired this week, but am still able to get things done. I do not want ot back on Lunesta, so I am trying to improve sleep naturally. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I also would say I have not been dramatically for productive yet at work. I think that part is up to me... overcoming bad habits from yeasr of compensating. Don't give up on finding an answer... I know this stuff doesn't work for everyone but it can't hurt to try it. You can quit cold turkey with no effects if you don't like it. I wish I had taken this in 05'. Good Luck!

Related Reading: Lunesta

Comment from: Mr.ADHD, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 13

My Name is Matthew. I am 21 years old and I live in California. Back when I was in High School my parents made me take this drug. It was very clear to them and everyone else that I hade ADD since I was a child. I wasn't a crazy hyper wild child, but I had a hard time paying attention and coming back from la la land. Anyways, when I got to high school my parents said enough is enough. So we went to the Dr. and he gave me this stuff. The first few weeks were ok. I was actually able to pay attention and rais my grades. I was a B+ student now instead of a C- student. It worked, it really worked....until about a month into the application.I became extremely depressed. I am a musician and I don't feel right if i'm not writing music... well all that stopped in a big hurry. I didn't touch my guitar for like 4 or 5 months streight. i stopped talking to my friends. I wanted to die! Parents, if you don't want this to happen to your child do NOT let the Dr. prescribe this to your child. Trust me, the week I stopped taking this drug, is the week I got my life back. Sure the drug was "effective," but to put that before your childs well being is wrong. Grades are not as important as life. Bottom Line.

Comment from: Henry4, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 20

Ok, I have been reading these comments and I am very saddened by the boy who is obviously very angry, I too pray you have someone in your life with whom you can really talk too. I have 2 children both diagnosed with adhd. One is inattentive and is on a stimulant, but my 10 year old is hyperactive and on Strattera 36mg a day (2 18mg pills in the morning) and he has been on this drug for 2.5 years now. We first tried Adderall, what a nigtmare!!!! the Adderall gave him horrible ticks that developed immediately, we turned to Strattera which I have to say has VERY EFFECTIVELY handled his adhd. Especially his hyperactivity, We have had no real side effects to speak of. He is a B student in school and is doing very well on this medication. He still has some days where he has issues with his impulsivity but as he is getting older I have seen him be better able to cope and learn stratigies for the impulsivity. He also did experience slight anger issues. We kept a very close eye on him,and spoke with his doctor as we do every 3 months and the DR. suggested Krill Oil supplement which has worked and is just in essence fish oil. but it did the trick. There is almost never any emotional outbursts or anger issues now. There are many different drugs out there, one is right for you and just like us,... you just have to try, and maybe try again, but you will find one that works. I do not want to keep either of my children on these medications to long and we work on stratigies for them to help them cope. We talk openly about them taking their medication and I listen to their reservations. We talk about it and work thru it together so they can get off this medication. I definately cannot complain they (the medicatios) have been a godsend!! I have read all about Strattera, and still have to say it was the best "decision" for us.

Related Reading: Adderall | ticks