Strattera User Reviews

Strattera - User Reviews

Strattera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Strattera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 03

I'm a senior in high school and I've been taking strattera for about 5 years now. There were times when I experienced some of the side effects listed on the bottle, but really they didn't hinder my daily activities. I started with 40 mg and now I'm taking 80 mg a day so you have to keep track of the dosage if you take it for more than... at least a year. And now, I CANNOT go anywhere without it, I absolutely love strattera. I get my work done, I'm focused, and, above all, I can be me and still function as a normal human being. I strongly recommend strattera for those who've struggled with adhd as I have, the first few months takes some getting used to but you'll adapt in no time.

Comment from: Anise, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

Strattera can work really well, but you MUST start at a VERY low dose and titrate up SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY. This is so much more true with Strattera than with any other drug I have ever tried or heard of. If you go too high and/or too fast with dosage, you can get a train wreck. You'll decide that it isn't for you when it could actually make a lot of difference in your condition, which is what happened to me. I'm probably going back on it again, but I'm going to be so careful about not taking too much, too fast.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 13

I was diagnosed with ADD in my early 20s (I had no hyperactivity however; daily tasks like listening to lectures in college, watching movies, etc. were no longer enough to hold my attention. I always needed to be "multi-tasking" like watching a movie and doing a cross word). Since starting Strattera I have had great improvement in my ability to focus and take care of the tasks at hand. I no longer procrastinate or get lost in my train of thought. I did find that I need to take the pill either right before bed, or take it with a full meal. In these two situation I experience no side-effects like nausea or dizziness. When I moved out of state my new physician had me try to manage my ADD with diet and various focussing techniques but neither worked for me. After 2 years I got back on Strattera and have been so thankful for this drug. I can honestly say it has changed my life for the better.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: crumpygal, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: August 22

My 9 yr.old son has been trying different med's for over three years now. He was failing 3rd grade, was angry all the time, seemed depressed, backtalked alot, then in October of 07, we tried strattera, 50 mg in the morning right after breakfast. From October to May, even his teachers noticed a huge difference. He didn't get out of his seat anymore, no more back talking, showed his mannerism with others, he started to respect others, overall, he wasn't a hateful, angry, mean, depressed child anymore. He passed the 3rd grade, had a wonderful summer and is now enjoying 4th grade. You can't just take the medicine and expect it to fix the problem. Their are things in your life that have to be modified and accommodated to. I use behavior modification at home and he has a reward program set up at home for allowances. I made a visual chart for him and put on his wall in his room where he has to see it everyday. He knows what his chores are and he see's them written on his board when he wakes up. He's doing great. My son was never into sports, but counsler's thought with his disorder, sports may be good for him. He took an interest in football over the summer and I signed him up for a youth league. this worked out to my advantage as well, because not only did he fall in love with actually playing the game, I have leveridge in using behavior modification for teaching responsibilities at home and schoolwork. It works for me, it works for him. The only side effect he complained about was heartburn. So he takes 2 chewable tums before each meal and does well. He is happy and doing very well in school now. He is definitely more sociable with other kids, where before he wouldn't talk or play with other kids.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 20

My son has taken this for the last 5+ years to treat adhd. Prior to that had taken 3 different stimulants. It has been very effective in treating his symptoms with no noticeable side effects. He is now 16 and we are going to try taking him off the meds to see how things go. Overall - Strattera was a life saver! Stimulants had too many bad side effects, this medication worked wonders for our son!

Comment from: yumamicah, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 28

29yrs, Female. I have been on Strattera for about one year now and have had great results on a half dose (60mg). I found that 80mg+ made me sick (vomiting, dizzy, etc) but the lower dose was just enough to help me get control and focus. I definitely recommend this medication. You have to learn your personal reactions such as when and how much to eat when taking your dosage. Once you get that down, the rest is much easier. Routine is key. My work performance went from Very Poor (no focus, bad follow-through) to Excellent (always reliable, good project management) and I attribute this 100% to being on Strattera. It helped me gain back control of my mental capabilities and perform at my best. All I needed was a little help focusing. Very satisfied with the product, aside from the occasional side effects(due to interruption of routine).