Strattera User Reviews

Strattera - User Reviews

Strattera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Strattera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 20

I have mixed feeling about the drug. It has absolutely helped with my ADHD. If I forget to take it I know because of my lack of focus. One issue I have is that it seems to have different levels of effectiveness on a day to day basis. Some days I am GREAT, and some it appears to have no effect at all. I take 80mg one time in the morning with food. Taking it with food helped the nausea issue. I rarely have any sleep issues since taking the full dose in the morning. One MAJOR issue being a male in his 40's is total sexual dysfunction (ED) I am working with my dr now adjusting dosages. If I skip the meds for a few days the sexual issue goes away. Nothing is perfect as I was on Ritalin and Adderall for several years with not nearly the same effectiveness of this drug. I have read many thread about tiredness during the day. I have found that eating properly and daily exercise has cut out MOST of that issue for me. Hope this information helps.

Related Reading: ADHD | sexual | Ritalin

Comment from: welkden3, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 02

I am a 58yr old overweight female with adult attention deficit disorder (mixed type). I also have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, and an overactive bladder. I have tried most meds prescribed for my ADD disorder: SSRIs, Adderal and more. None worked except for the Adderal but I developed tolerance which I knew to be a red flag to dependence. I have been on Strattera for four months and felt the results after 30 days. Since then, symptoms of chronic fatigue have all but disapeared, I have lost 21 lbs due to my ability to stop eating when I am full, and I no longer need medication for my blader control problem. I have decreased my Cymbalta from 90mg to 60mg to 30mg to now no longer needing it. It took awhile to see results but it is well worth it. This is the first med that has targeted norepinepherine instead of dopamine or seretonin. I think it should be re-evaluate as an anti-depressant as well as prescribed off lable for weight loss and bladder contol problems. It works better than Detrol

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 12

The best things that this medication has done for me is...I can concentrate when listening to a person even with visual and auditory distractions; I am not socially uneasy when speaking to people; my daily anxiety is gone.

Comment from: lg, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

Seems that age has much to do with its effectiveness. I am in my 50s; taking it for ADD -it's working very well. Some irritability and lessening of appetite for the first 4 wks. only.

Comment from: ksjs88, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 22

My daughter was diagnosed with ADD at 14 and started Strattera because it has the least effect on the heart than other ADD meds and she was born with a heart condition (but has since outgrown it). She is on 60mg and what a HUGE difference! Her moods, her grades, her concentration, ability to take multiple pieces of information without feeling overwhelmed, no anxiety or depression, first time on honor roll in years! Although her heart rate is higher than what they're comfortable with. They tried lowering it to 40mg but it was very ineffective. Her moods came back, anxiety, overwhelmed, teachers and others noticed. She is since back on 60mg but we are eliminating other stimulants with caffeine (pop, tea, chocolate, etc.). Her cardiologist wants it lowered, her doctor wants it at 60mg. Torn with what to do. I think we will just continue to monitor the heartrate for a while. All tests, including ECHO show the heart is in great shape, just beating higher during the day than what is normal. Even she wanted to be on the higher dose because of the difficulty at 40mg. What to do?? Strattera has been wonderful for her. I have my daughter back again!

Comment from: photogirl123, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I am a 45 year old female, recently diagnosed with ADHD, which I knew I had my whole life. I have often felt paralyzed and overwhelmed with so many things to do and can't stay on one task. I am opening a photography studio soon and am fearing failure due to my lack of organization. Strattera is the third med I have tried. Although it has calmed we way down, I feel I am too tired and not ambitous at all! I have quit working out (which I have always loved) and am falling asleep hours earlier. Not exactly the "get it all done" med I was looking for. Strange chills and headaches also. But more importantly, what the heck are you parents thinking putting your young children on these extremely altering drugs??!!! I'll bet the majority of you haven't tried them yourself for weeks at a time. It's down right abuse. I promise you this. My son did not start on ADHD med until age 21. It was his choice. He is doing much better in College now, but the thought of putting my child on meds in grade school is stomach turning. I watched my nephew fall out of chairs he was so drugged by his mother. Drug after drug he was forced to take from age 5 till 18 when he went to college and said no more! He has told his parents he hates them for ruining his life. He was never allowed to be the child he was created by God to be. He will never forgive them for this. Please find other ways to help your children do better in school!! These drugs are mind altering..I get it now! Remember that very few children were drugged when we were growing up, the hyper ones were the funny one's, and have grown into very successful adults. These are the creative genious'! the great writers, painters, photographers, and inventors. DO YOUR RESEARCH..and pop all the pills yourself and ask yourself if this is how you want your 8 year old to feel. Thank you for spending time reading this review. If I can save even one child from this horror it was worth my time to share it.