Strattera User Reviews

Strattera - User Reviews

Strattera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Strattera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 01

I started taking this a year ago and went from failing grades in college to A's in anatomy and physiology, chemistry, biology. it has really helped with my ADD and being able to remember the things that I'm putting into my memory. for the first month i had dry mouth and i lost a lot of weight now after a year it feels as if I'm taking a vitamin. if i miss a day or stop taking it while out of clinical rotations i notice a difference, but overall getting A's is what is important!

Comment from: mimi, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 11

I am a senior in high school and was recently diagnosed with ADD. Yes, I know it is rare to get that far and school and it not be diagnosed yet but sometimes ADD is confused with other disorders. I began with 10 mg and slowly worked up to 80. I loved that this medicine could be taken at night and not affect your sleep. Strattera helped me concentrate and focus in school. I went from a 3.0 to a 4.0 within a month. I also wait tables at a local restaurant and it helped me to stay on task. After about a month on the drug I started having trouble sleeping. I would lay awake at night until 2 in the morning thinking about all the different ways I could kill myself and why I should do so. It made me very aggressive. I even went as far as to punch someone. This was not normal behavior for me. This medicine is very effective in helping you focus, but be warned it CAN GIVE YOU SUICIDAL THOUGHTS. Needless to say I am on a new medicine now.

Comment from: DillansMom, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 20

My 5yr old son with high functioning Autism had been on EVERY stimulant med on the market that did nothing! In Jan after Strattera came out, my dr suggested to try strattera, because it was 24 hr time release and not a stimulant. Due to no "down" time in between the stimulants and strattera we had an IMMEDIATE change in my son's behavior within the first week. I will caution you to understand this med takes a while to fully build up. it is not like the "typical" add drugs. my son was off this med for 10 days once and it took 4 weeks to get back to the level we needed. I love strattera because it gave me back my sweet little boy. He is now almost 12 years old and we have disagreements MAYBE twice a month, he is learning almost at his grade level and making friends. I too have done many behavior modifications over the years and firmly believe you need a complete plan not just drugs. I hope Lilly will do some trials with more children with Autism!

Comment from: kayka, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

I am 37 years old and I've been taking strattera for 3 months. I can honestly say that it has been incredibly effective. I've been able to get the tasks that I'm working on completed without any distraction. My moods have improved. Infact I'm a lot more patient with everyone-even my husband. I've often thought about going up on my dose, but a bit scared to change.

Comment from: Masonmom1315, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 19

My 5 year old son has been diagnosed with ADHD and Sensory Integration Dysfunction. He was placed on Adderal XR 10mg and within one month, he had lost 3 lbs because he had no appetite(he is skinny anyway since he can't eat many foods), was screaming and crying every time you even said no to him, wasn't sleeping well, was constipated, etc. He was miserable. He switched to Strattera 10mg in Jan. and it has been wonderful. He suffers from no side effects and has greatly improved at school. He was tested in Nov. 2007 by school psychologists and again in April 08. It was like he was a different child in the two tests. This week, we did increase his dosage to 18 mg and he has been a little spacy for the past couple of days, but I think once it gets in his system, he will be fine. I would recommend trying this drug to anyone having problems with some of the other drugs. It has really helped my son calm down and focus. I have been told by several professionals in the past that they had "never seen anything like him". Now, you wouldn't notice him in a crowd of other 5 year old boys, which is the goal (I think) of all parents with children suffering from ADHD.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 14

My son was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 5. He took Adderall first, which was a nightmare. We switched to Strattera and he reacted very well to the drug. He has been on it for 2 years. He does have to eat breakfast before he takes it or he has an upset stomach. The problem is the drug seems to plateau and we need to increase the dosage. The only side effects we have seen are mood swings. When the dosage is correct, he is like a different child. He does very well in school and behaves excellent at home. You can tell the minute the drug has plateaued.

Comment from: grateful, on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 28

My daugter age 15 yrs has always had ADD. She has recently tried ritalin and dexmetamphetamine the stimulant drugs. She had bad side effects on both but none on strattera. She Started on 25mg for 1 week then 50mg 2nd week. Now 60mg 3 weeks later. She is focusing better now.It agrees with my daughter and she only takes one tablet in the morning with food. Fantastic.

Comment from: CadTechLV, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 29

I'm a 41yr old male, I started this med May 1st for ADD w/o hyperactivity, 25mg for 2 weeks, 40mg for 2 weeks, 60mg for 4 weeks. Notice increased focus & improvement of ADD symptoms. Within 1 week of use commented to my wife something seems different when I have a orgasm, not bad, just different. As time progressed & mg dosage, started to notice seminal fluid leakage when having a bowel movement. This escaladed into very little release of semen on ejaculation and no release of the energy you feel at orgasm, but I would loose my erection, very little fluid would be ejaculated & I still felt like I needed to have a release. I would then feel like I needed to urinate, but I couldn't, feeling would go away after a few minutes and orgasm was not pleasant, almost painful. Sensation was same whether it was through masturbation or intercourse. Sexual desire decreased a bit. No signs of ED as of yet, erection was still firm, but noticed I was becoming pre-mature and recovery was no longer 15-20 minutes. 2-3 hours before I was able to get another erection. Urinating was changing also, plus it had a strong unusual odor, some urine leakage after thinking I was done, feeling like I still needed to go, but nothing to very little would come out. I googled “Strattera sexual side effects”, found I'm not alone, about 6-10% of Men & Women experience this. I stopped this medication June 24th, problems subsided within 5 days & all is back to normal. Going to find a different med Adderal or Dexedrine maybe. I worry about the kids out there on this med that don't know what things are supposed to feel like sexually. I'm sure this med works for some, it helped me, but not worth these side effects. I'm a parent of 3 & would use concern about this med if needed for ADD. Sorry this was so long, but for me, the more info the better. Good luck, hope it works better for you, but now you know what to look for.

Related Reading: masturbation | Dexedrine