Voltaren User Reviews

Voltaren - User Reviews

Voltaren User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Voltaren sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: yrp78, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 04

I was barely able to walk for the pain in my ankles. Went to the doctor, he looked at my swollen ankles and said "looks like bursitis" and prescribed Voltaren. The next day was much better and by the third day I was pain free. I had considered taking medical disability retirement the pain was so dibilitating. That was 13 years ago and I can still function thanks to this medicine. Thank you whoever the manufacturer might be.

Related Reading: bursitis | Voltaren

Comment from: deeder523, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

Within 2 days of full doses of this medication, I felt like a new person. My pain was gone and continues to be very manageable with this medication. I feel like a new, different and happy person again.

Comment from: Lindy12206SoudertonPA, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

I loved, loved, loved this one little pill. I could not believe the mobility and relief it gave me. I started taking in 97. Two years ago my Rhuematologist warned me and mentioned he had taken all his patients off Voltaren and would no longer subscribe for me. He said it was deadly. I didnt buy into his scare tactics. I contined to take through my family doctor saying nothing. Last year I started with very strange and overwhelming, scary symptoms. Weakness starting in my legs, over taking my entire body. I could feel it moving from lower body on up to finger tips. Over several months it happened more frequently and seemed to get worse. Last time it happened I took my PB and it was 210/110. I was advised to go to ER. After a couple days it occurred to me to stop the voltaren. The episodes of severe weakness stopped completely and have not occurred again. I now know it was the drug. I really miss taking it but the risk over benefit was no longer an option.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 15

I am a 42 year old male and have been taking Voltaren for about 8 months now. I have severe osteo arthritis of the hips. This drug has worked excellent for me with no side effects! This drug takes full effect within about 6 hours for me with full pain relief. I do not limp when this drug is in full effect. I take this medication about every 2-3 days for pain relief. I find that 1 pill will provide relief for about 1-1/2 days, and then the pain returns. I highly recommend this drug!

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: yoga queen, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

As a fitness instructor with a degenerative hip, Voltaren gave me my life back. I could arise in the morning free of pain, go up stairs, put on my socks and teach a Senior class every day, land and water. I could again go shopping and walk around a store.

Related Reading: fitness

Comment from: Weezie6452, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 19

I take 75mg twice a day for arthritis of the neck and lower back, worse in the neck. It is very effective and allows me to get on with my life, staying active and exercising. It has also been helpful with managing migraines.

Comment from: shaflysc@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 10

After 3 days I noticed a great improvment and a big reduction in pain. However, after 10 days, I experienced the worse heartburn I have ever had,thought it was a heart attack, and had an elevated blood pressure reading that sent me to the Dr's office. I am on blood pressure medication, but it has been under control, but this drug elevated it to an unsafe level,and I cannot continue the Voltaren. I am very disappointed as it almost eliminated all pain.

Related Reading: heartburn | heart attack

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

This is a miracle drug!

Comment from: nangayle1, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

My doctor gave me Voltaren for arthritis in my elbows. I could hardly lift my arms upon arousing in the a.m. After only 4 days of taking this medication....I have no pain in my elbows. AND....I also have carple tunnel syndrome really bad in my hands. Now my hands are 90% pain free. I just cannot believe it!! Have not had any side effects thus far. Very satisfied!!

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options