Stromectol User Reviews

Stromectol - User Reviews

Stromectol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Stromectol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cpadg10280, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 06

I used the first line of treatment, Permethrin cream, 3 times with no relief. I asked my doctor for Ivermectin(Stromectol). My dosage was six 3mg tablets, taken on empty stomach. I took at bedtime. No side effects. Took second half of dose (six 3mg tablets) one week later. In about 2-3 weeks I was not getting new breakouts and some of the older ones were clearing up. Itching still, but mostly at night. It does not wake me up itching like in the beginning. I think this should be the first line of treatment. I wasted a lot of money on doctors and medications before I got this and I had to beg my doc to give it to me. I now have a dose on hand in case I ever get this again.

Related Reading: Stromectol | Itching

Comment from: Ms Saint, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 12

Dr perscribed me one dose of 3mg - it took a couple of days to work was great - first real relief since this all started - but now he refuses to do retreat before 3mths - although he orignally stated could retreat in 2 wks - the itching is back and not going away - I question if dosage was enough and why not a retreatment

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

I took this medication after five rounds of permethrin cream each 7 days apart. The cream did not work because if you missed a single small part on your body the treatment failed. I was prescribed 5 3mg tablets of stromectol taken on an empty stomach before bed, then repeat in 5 days. I had to beg my doctor for this treatment. Its now been one week since the second dose and almost all itching is gone and I can sleep again. It took three months and 3 different doctors to come up with the diagnosis of scabies. This should have been a first line treatment. After about 5 months I finally got relief thanks to stromectol.

Related Reading: sleep | scabies

Comment from: patiently, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

I have seen many doctors and finally after over 5 years was told that I had scabies. After numerous applications of elimite cream that was never successful. I was given Stromectol for treatment. Almost on the verge of loosing my mind, thank goodness this option exists for the treatment. No side effects and so far after the first dose awaiting the second (after 10 days) I have had my skin clearer and less itchy. I still feel things crawling around under my skin but I can tolerate it.

Related Reading: elimite

Comment from: ext, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 18

Hello, I (90 kg) was prescribed for scabies two dosis of 6 mg of ivermectin each within one week. Taken first dosys with no effects after 4 days, awaiting for the second. Can you please advice what dosys were you recomended ? And your weight please.

Comment from: dikfer96, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 28

Terrible itching for weeks. Doctor noted symptoms and signs and prescribed this medication. Immediate relief, but did require a second dose 1-week later. The relief from itching was worth it. Wish I had known sooner.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

I have taken the prescribed 2 doses, one week apart for scabies. No discernable changes in my condition. I did not experience any side effects. Itook it on an empty stomach at bedtime.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

I ended up getting mites (mange) from a puppy I bought from a breeder. The dog mites cannot live on humans, but as long as your dog has them, they can affect you, and they did. I was prescribed this drug, and I took the first dose and broke out in hives. Since the drug lasts for days, I had hives for several days. I didn't take the second dose. However, now, when I go out in the sun, I break out in hives. I never had this problem before. If I wear sunscreen, I don't break out. The Stromectol is the only medicine I've taken except I regularly take birth control, but have been on the same birth control brand for many years, and as I said, this only started happening last year after I took the Stromectol. Has anyone else had a reaction like this? I have an appointment with a dermatologist in a couple months (that was as early as they could take me). The hives only appear on areas not regularly exposed to the sun, like my face and forearms do not get hives, but my shoulders, upper arms, neck, legs, back, and stomach will. Please help!

Related Reading: hives | sunscreen | birth control