Stromectol User Reviews

Stromectol - User Reviews

Stromectol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Stromectol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 03

This drug is awesome. I love drugs.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 01

This drug is awesome. I love drugs.

Comment from: DP, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I have been diagnosed with lymphatic filariasis which is uncommon in the US. I recently completed 30 days of 3mg X 2 daily regimen. It has caused itching and pain but after treatment, there is significant relief. I have had to be retreated with Stomectol over the past two years. My doctors have informed me that I will have to have bi-annual dosages which is in accordance with the CDC guidelines.

Comment from: JJ, 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 15

After full blown lesions, and almost dying in 2008, both Albenza and Ivermectin along with eight week intervals of doxycycline have saved my life. Elephantiasis is not something you see in the Americas so the journey has been difficult. Just completed 3mg X 2 for one month w/o adverse affects on Strombectol. Toxicity is relatively low and reduces parasite load in the skin, and also systemically. My case is rare and the parasite is in my heart and lungs causing severe pain. Eight months of interval treatment with antibiotics, and Strombectol, have saved my life. Blood pressure was high during the die off but has returned to normal at present. However, the current doctor wants to send me to the University of Louisville (a microbiologist within) and doesn't want to continue my Strombectol medication and Doxycycline. Both doctors I've seen in two states, KY and FL are from India and Grenada. They are trained to deal with neglected tropical diseases according to WHO guidelines and the CDC. Recommend to those suffering with parasitic infections to seek doctors knowledgeable in field. Stombectol causes pain on parasites that die in your body and should be monitored by a physician. Strombectol is not totally effective in severe cases like mine but helps in reducing parasite load with long term intermittent therapy. Sub-clinical destruction of the lymphatic system is causing disease progression. Strombectol has slowed this process down.

Related Reading: Albenza

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 16

good

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 12

good