Suboxone User Reviews

Suboxone - User Reviews

Suboxone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Suboxone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bestbuy02@hotmail.com, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 04

I want to start off by saying this drug is a miracle. I was in a rehab center for two weeks to detox off OxyContin. They gave me this drug expecting me to be off it in two weeks. I relapsed 3 days after i was off this medicine because although the physical withdrawals were not present, the psychological cravings were. Also if you are psychologically dependent on this drug your body will stop producing "dopamine", The natural occurring chemical that helps cause feelings of pleasure in the brain. Opiates stimulate dopamine activity. So Suboxone will block, but not damage, your opioid receptors while your natural dopamine will start to produce. Usually within 3-6 months you can stop taking suboxone and feel better than you did before you started taking drugs. You will withdrawal from this medication for about 3 days and the withdrawal isn't that bad. I'm the biggest baby in the world and if "I" can do it then anyone can. It is important to talk to your doctor when you are ready to stop taking suboxone so he can taper you off slowly. I do recommend this drug to anyone who wants to stop using anything from Vicodin to heroin and can't do it alone. It will save your life and you won't even think about drugs while your on it. To increase your chances for success i also suggest out-patient therapy and 12 step meetings. Your life will get alot better. I didn't get clean to be miserable and this medicine made me feel alive and in control over my addiction for the first time. Good luck to you, You can do it :)

Related Reading: OxyContin | dopamine | Suboxone

Comment from: juggiegirl87, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

Suboxone is IT!!! The first dose & you see that withdrawls are over! I did Heroin & Oxy for 5 years. I thought my only hope was the Methadone Clinic, (which takes 1 year minimum) to "Get Off". The first dose of Suboxone I took I felt AWESOME! NORMAL! Absolutely no withdrawls & 1 pill lasted 2 whole days! I was at the point I wanted to die! Every minute I didnt spend looking for drugs I spent planning my suicide. Suboxone changed (SAVED) my life! It takes Such a short time for a full recovery & it isnt hard to get off like Methadone. This is it people! I never thought I would even still be here, let alone feeling good & loving life! I am sober & I feel better than ever! Please...if you are suffering from Opiate addiction, PLEASE try Suboxone! Bless all of you and I hope you find this miracle cure!!! T.G. P.S.- I havent experienced ANY bad side effects!

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: bluestrat70, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

Suboxone completely eliminated the withdrawal symptoms i was experiencing. Before taking the first dose i was sluggish, fatigued, i had the runs, my bones and joints ached, i couldn't focus on the simplest task. Within 15 minutes of putting suboxone tablet under my tongue all of those nasty feelings were gone. i hadn't felt that good for as long i could remmember. I have no cravings for vicodin or percocet i had been taking/abusing for the past 3 years. this is a miracle drug.

Related Reading: vicodin | percocet

Published: November 08

I was up to 20-25 10-325 norcos a day. I heard about this when I went looking for my next fix at a new docs office. I had had it with just surviving so I gave it a shot. The key is you have to be in withdrawl in order for it to work. At least moderately. That part sucked but the way the symptoms disappeared after the first dose? Amazing. The only problem I am having now is, I am kind of a depressed person. The opiates for the most part made me feel euphoric and happy. Not having that anymore sometimes makes me want to go back and use but all I have to do is look at my kids and that's all smashed. It is a great drug. Expensive though but then again compared to the price I was paying on the street for pills and or scripts. Nothing compares. If you are considering it, do it. You will not be upset. Just make sure you are in withdrawl and have not used for at least 24 hours or it will make you sick. Peace.

Comment from: Billy Mac, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 22

I was a chronic pain patient for 30 year's had access to the best hospitals and doctors in Cleveland and it was a regiment of going from one narcotic to another and I was basically existing, but some how functioned from day to day.A doctor who runs a world renown Addiction Center started me on them, and it was like Dorothy entering the Land of Oz.There was no pain and no euphoric feelings and for the first time since the military I felt normal, and this was the toughest part of my journey. I am now happier than I have ever been, but to you youngsters out there, I paid the piper.My liver has taken a beating from all the prescription meds and a host of other things that cant be reversed.If your addicted, you need to seek help before you harm your internal organs and just as important, the psychological damage addiction causes.Stay cool and find something bigger than yoursef,and to me that was God,but if you cant go that route, a door knob will suffice as you must stop the insanity of addiction.Suboxone gave me back my life and my family.Every major city in the US has doctors that can help you.Grasp this lifeline called Suboxone.

Related Reading: chronic pain | liver