Suboxone User Reviews

Suboxone - User Reviews

Suboxone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Suboxone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bigseals81, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 11

I was taking over 170 7.5 Lortabs (SPECS), plus any other upper or pain killer I could get my hands on a month for over 10 years. Oxys, Roxys, Vicodin, Lorcet, Tussinex, you get the idea! Then pot, and downers to sleep, all while steady drinking. I started this program little over 2 years ago. NEVER went back, not once! I take 8mg in morning (Shower) then 8mg more in evening after work. I truly wanted it mind, body, and soul. u got to want it. U do ur part, it will do its part. Never think about it, Never have gained tolerance to it in over 2 yrs of use. Even helped me quit drinking!? I may be on it the rest of my life because of my personality, who knows. But it beats the heck out of the alternative lifestyle. Overall, BEST decision I ever made. And my wife, family, and friends agree. SAVED MY LIFE!!! And to those who say its just a substitute for something else, thats true. But if thats what it takes to be successful and live a normal life....SO BE IT!!! Good luck and thanks for reading. Hope my experience helps others.

Related Reading: Lorcet | sleep

Comment from: newlife, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 24

Please if you are truly wanting help and cannot stop on your own this is a way out. I am a VP of a large company and took narcotics to boost my performance at work. It started out slow and after a while I was hooked on 100mg a day of 10/325. I tried everything and after 3 years lost hope, my identity, nearly my job and my family. I looked at this route several times and said it can't work. I read the reviews and was skeptical. Then I tried it after my wife said she was leaving and I wish I would have done it years ago. It worked immediately and I even took half of what my MD suggested. He gave me 8mg and said that might not be enough and I did it with 4mg a day and have had the best days of my life. Of course you have to want to be free of spending your days searching for enough pills to get you through the day and have the spiritual (not necessarily religion) but spiritual willpower to want to quit. I never had a thought of wanting a pill even once after I took this medication and not one side effect and after 3 days felt great and really don't need it but a day or two out of the week. Please do not read the horror stories of this drug and wait like I did try it and find out for yourself if you were at the bottom like i was.

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 21

(continued from last post) I'm not discouraging people from finding treatment here, dont get me wrong! It is important to beat addiction. I'm just providing insight from very much experience and VERY much research. Do your research on the Internet before deciding to go on suboxone, if you're looking for a miracle cure to beat your addiction without negative side effects or withdrawal symptoms, you simply won't find it, it doesn't exist. And if you just can't seem to bear oxy or vicodin withdrawals for 5 days (I know its absolute misery, but I highly recommend this method) then go on suboxone short term. There's no reason to prolong your addiction by going on suboxone for a year, I think all addicts can agree, we just want to get better, and we want to do it as fast as possible. Make it clear to your dr you're not looking to stay on suboxone long term. There is a proven 21 day suboxone method that will break your addiction to whatever opiate it is that you're addicted to, without becoming addicted to suboxone instead! Suggest this kind of short term treatment to your dr. If he refuses to do this for you because he thinks you need "something a little more long term" then all he's doing is disrespecting your wish of getting better on your schedule. Walk out and find a new dr, because this crook isn't here to help YOU! He's here to cash in on the jackpot that is suboxone therapy. I hope this review was helpful, and I really urge you to think very hard and make smart decisions as to how you go about your sobriety. Opiate addiction is evil and its claiming new victims every single day! Even as I'm typing this new people are getting their lives turned upside down, and they haven't even realized it yet. Best of luck to all of you, from the bottom of my heart!

Comment from: kevinmilam13, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 27

its been a fantastic drug for helping me stay off opiates but its been very difficult to come off of it

Comment from: will3, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 15

i started taking pain pills when i was 16 yrs old. tylenol # 2-4 incresaed to lorcet 10mg by age 20. then started taking oxycontin 20mg, 40mg, 60mg. 6-8 tablets a day until i was in my 40s. i begged the Lord to hlp me stop taking all these pills. it was destroying my family and career too. but GOD is awesome. by His grace i saw a program on HBO tv. it was answered prayer after takeing the opiates for over 30 yrs non-stop everyday. then one day i just got on my knees and asked the Lord to help me stop cold turkey on a sunday last month. i then i walked into my doctor's office on monday the next day. i told him i just stopped the opiates last night and i needed to start taking suboxone asap before i started withdrawing. he started me on 8.2 mg film. i take 1/2 of strip in the morning and the other 1/2 in the evening. the only side effects i've had is the runs for the first few days and some major headaches on both sides of my temples. for me it was super easy because of my faith in JESUS CHRIST. He gave me the mercy to do it because i trusted in His power not mine because if it was in my power i would have flipped out and ended up in the ER room. i also wanted to thank you all for sharing your comments. they have blessed me so very much.next month i will take 4mg film. 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. then 2mg film 1/2 in the morning 1/2 in the evening. by the end of 90 days i'll stop taking the film. i believe i can do all things through CHRIST who strenghthens me. p.s. it doesn't matter if you are a christian like me or not i still will continue to pray for all of us and our families too. P.S. if you want me to specifically pray for you or if you just want to chop it up email me at ironwillbillc3@gmail.com

Related Reading: tylenol