Suboxone User Reviews

Suboxone - User Reviews

Suboxone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Suboxone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Drug free, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

Just wanted to say, that you don't have to be on this med for years or months even. The only reason your doctor is doing this is for the money. Of course you are going to withdraw from suboxen if you've been on it that long. If you want to quit you can!! I started out taking a half in the morning and half at night. I only did that for a day, then I went to a quarter a day. I now only have a quarter left and that means I only needed 2 pills to come off a 10 to 15 pill a day habit. I have only experienced anxiety as a side effect or withdraw if you want to say. I feel good! I feel normal! Mentally I know that it is only will power now to keep me from going back to the drugs. I am thankful for the suboxen and so glad I didn't let a doctor talk me into being addicted to them. Please if you take these do not stay on them for a long period of time. You will just find yourself addicted to another pill that's even more expensive then your habit now! Thanks and Good Luck!!

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Chris, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 20

This medicine saved my life- I'm 3 years on it now, and my life is finally back to normal after a terrible 5 year heroin addiction... It almost seems like someone else now when I look back at who I was while using heroin... Suboxone is a miracle, if used as you're supposed to use it.. I had a few tries with it before where I didn't follow the instructions and I had relapsed- but this last time I followed it perfectly, and with astounding results... My life just fell back into place right before my eyes... Please, if you want to live again, try this answer... No sickness, just right back to "normal"!! Sometimes I feel even better than normal.. I don't remember being this happy before I ever got into heroin... Now that I'm past the heroin and taking my Suboxone every day, it almost seems like I'm being rewarded for surviving my troubles while on heroin... I dunno, maybe i just appreciate my life more now... after going through hell, the true heaven that is life was there waiting for me all along. :-) ~Chris McD.

Comment from: ROY IN COLO SPGS, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

I was surprised how quickly this medicine actually they start you on something called Sub something else, for a few days and then send you home with this. It stopped 2-day long strong narcotic/opiate withdrawals in less than 15 minutes. One small nasty tasting pill under your tongue and instantly you honestly feel well. Not high well, just clear well. I consider this drug for chronic pain sufferers and opiate abusers alike a miracle drug. You feel like you've been given a second chance. Please trust me. If you are tired of "it", you owe it to yourself to try this. You will thank your higher-power I promise. LOVE

Comment from: Set Free, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

Be very careful with this med. My first day, I took 1/4 of an 8mg tablet. I took it 26 hours after i took my last vicodin (took 3 the day b4). You get that speed like from taking a perk or vic x1000. You have so much energy and don't know what to do with it. I could not sleep and then went directly into a migraine. 25 hours after taking it, i vomitted. I truly wished death upon me i was so sick. So, I waited 2 days and took a crumb. That made a huge difference. I am a 20 year user of vics and perks. I didn't take more than 10 a day. And then weaned what i had to 3 a day and then started the cycle all over again spending time and money looking for more. Oh what bondage these little pills cause. The withdraws are always the worst for me. I started with 5 subs last saturday and still have 4 left. After reading all the other posts, i know not to be on it for more than a week (my decision). Just please be very, very careful and do your research. By me taking crumbs, i think that has made all of the difference in the world. Like I said, i just need to get through the withdraws. And be sure to wait 24 hours after you have taken your last fix. I am upbeat and thankful to God for helping me through this. Yes, I have a ways to go but i do know that i can defeat this demon. And so can you! You can do this! You will get your life back! I promise. My Mom has already noticed a difference in me. :) God bless each and everyone of you. And btw...the posts that i read requesting prayer, I have prayed for you! And please, Christians, pray for me. Yes, subs can be very helpful as long as you take it the right way. Start off slow. Get off of it as quick as you can and do not replace one crutch with another. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: freshstart1, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 30

I've been off Suboxone for about a week. I'm a 10 year pill popper, and a 20year ex-drunk. But not all for not. THIS DRUG WORKS WHEN TAKEN PROPERLY. It took me three times to figure that out. I know I'm going to be fine once the withdraws are finished.The withdrawl symptoms are not even close to those of coming off of pills. Its a mental game! You need to be mentally prepared for the physical and mental changes that come with detox. If you can do that I feal anybody can do it. I battled alcoholism for over twenty years. I've been sober for 6 years(from alcohol). But I found other means to quite my demons. With Percocet, and Morphine. My advice as an addict? Follow your Doctors instructions. It's ten times easier to quit this drug than it is the hard stuff. Your mind is a powerfull thing! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! YOUR BETTER THAN YOU THINK YOU MAY BE!

Related Reading: alcoholism