Suboxone User Reviews

Suboxone - User Reviews

Suboxone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Suboxone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 12

Suboxone is a miracle drug in terms of getting your life back on track when you are in the depths of an opiate addiction. Taking Suboxone will not only completely eliminate the withdrawals, but it also gets rid of the post-acute withdrawals (the worst aspect of withdrawal) and makes you feel "normal" like you did before you were addicted. Thing is, Suboxone is still an opiate and therefore it is still getting you high. The high is slight, but definitely definable. Suboxone saved my life in many ways. But every positive review that you see online is from someone who is still on Suboxone. I've been on it for four years now. It's a very self-perpetuating drug. I'm sorry to tell anyone this (I had read the horror stories before I tried quitting and did my best to ignore them) but quitting Suboxone is very, very difficult. I've never gotten past seven days Suboxone free. I have gotten myself down to 1/8 of a 2mg pill a day (.25mg) and even at that dose I was amazed to learn that the Suboxone "high" is just as pronounced as it was at 16mg. It's an incredibly powerful drug and many don't realize that taking 16mg of Suboxone a day is equivalent to taking 426mg of oxycodone (1mg of buprenorphine is equal to 27mg of oxycodone). I don't deter the use of Suboxone as I think it is a valuable tool for many. But I believe its use should be limited - preferably only for a week or two to eliminate physical withdrawals and get you back on your feet. Please don't be terrified by my mention of the Suboxone withdrawals. Yes, they are awful, you can successfully get through them. Weening down to crumbs (.1mg a day) makes the withdrawals a lot more bearable. From what I've read the first 6 weeks off of Suboxone are very difficult, but things improve rapidly after that.

Comment from: kt1414, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

For anyone to say that using Suboxone to get off other opiates is just "trading" from an illegal drug to a legal drug is out of their mind and obviously knows nothing about it! I was a heroin addict for well over 10 years..in and out of jails, programs, and tried Methadone. It is nothing like Methadone either. You don't get high on it at all! As long as you take it properly and are in SOME type of program, be it 12 step or outpatient, ut works great!! It actually gives me energy, I'll be draggin a$$ in the morning, take my two then be up and ready for anything!! I'm prescribed 4 a day, but usually only take three. I'm still prescribed the four in case I NEED it. Which I usually don't. I've even gone a day with only taking the two! I'm in a 40 week outpatient program and this Suboxone has SAVED MY LIFE!! Everyone around me has noticed the change in me and I can't be happier. So, do your research before slamming this drug. I won't call it a "miracle drug" but I will say that it has changed MY life for the better. Yes, it IS expensive but there are many programs that help you pay for the cost of medications..google Help with meidaction cost and see what you can find. Or try applying for Medicaid, they DO cover it! Others in my program that are off the Suboxone have only complained of slight anxiety and trouble sleeping. That's a way better trade off than the horrible withdral from Methadone, heroin or any opiate!! If I helped anyone un any way, that's aewsome. If not..I know I'm helping myself and that's the most important thing!!

Comment from: recoveringaddict420, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

I went into detox and the doctor had me on a whole suboxone a day (half in the am, half in the pm) but i felt like i was getting high off of it, and that's what I didn't want to be anymore! So when I got out of treatment i took half in the am and that was enough to make me feel okay to function normally. I weened myself down to a quarter a day after 2 weeks of taking a half a day. I was only prescribed 15 with no refills so when i started taking just a quarter a day I tried to wait as long as I could before I took it because I didn't want to take it if i didn't have to. Some days I skipped taking it, and eventually they were gone and I felt like I didn't need them anymore either. The drug was a great help to get off of Oxycontin and I have now been sober for 5 months after being on drugs for over 3 years. I occasionally get withdrawal like symptoms like night sweats and the shakes but it happens very seldom now. I recommend this to anyone trying to get off of opiates, and in my opinion it is less addicting and safer to take than methadone.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: Papi the Kid, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 16

Hey all, This Med works magic.Before starting the Suboxone treatment i was taken 10-20 Percs a day,& 2-3 40mg Oxycontin's per day. Now i take 1/2 tablet in morning and the other 1/2 at night. Its still a Narcotic so you will have a feeling that reminds you of the Pain meds but dont get fooled this med can still be abused. I want everyone to know that Suboxone is a serious med and should be taken seriously and treated as a life saver, because it really is. Good luck to everyone out there. I know being addicted to opiads is tough and can happen out of the blue, but trust that there are Dr.s and meds out there that can help get you back on track to a positive way of life. The BEST part is once you notice how much money you have because your not out on the streets spending big bucks scoring pills you will say . DAMN i found my answer. :-)

Comment from: BryZee, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 21

I have been addicted to about all narcotic pain relievers for about 9 years for a herniated disk in my back. I've been taking Suboxone to detoxify myself because my withdrawal symptoms about claimed my life. I went into shock from quitting the pain relievers cold turkey and I almost died if it weren't for my wife getting me to the hospital as quickly as she did. I was hooked up with a clinic in my area and I'll tell you, I've never been so happy to be off everything. I have been on everything from Lortabs to Fentanyl patches and suckers. I couldn't believe how well the Suboxone had worked and with a lot of hard work and sacrifice, I'm clean today and never felt so happy. My pain hasn't gone away or anything but I'm no longer a slave to the sickness. Thank you for letting me share my little story with you all.

Related Reading: shock