Suboxone User Reviews

Suboxone - User Reviews

Suboxone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Suboxone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: forgot_it, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

I posted a while ago (10 bag/day heroin habit). I must say, now I feel fantastic. This medication works. The first few days I felt slight wd symptoms but I had a rather large habit. As soon as the heroin was out of my system, I just felt normal. I do get swelling and irritation under my tounge, but its its easy to tolerate especially after living through the alternative. This medication works better than in-patient tx, outpatient tx, jail, sober house, and drug court combined. I have no regrets about starting this drug. Also, I missed a dr appt and went about a week with no meds and it was fine. I felt slight wd symptoms; cold, tired, lazy. But nothing a sweater and a coffee count fix. Everyone is exaggerating when they say its sooo hard to get off of. They just dont remember how bad opiate wd was. If you are thinking about starting this medication, definately do it. I have no regrets.

Comment from: Noname, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 06

I don't understand how anyone can complain about becoming addicted to this medicine or the cost. We take this medication because we are addicts Suboxone is here to either ease the withdrawals until you can mentally prepare yourself for them or to stay on for life or until something better comes along-no free rides. As for the cost, are you kidding? How many people here complaining had to sell everything they owned and things they didn't for their former drug of choice? How did you feed a $300/day Oxy habit? You managed $9K a month then now you moan about $500/month-please take some responsibility. You don't need to wake up sick anymore or figure out how to beg, borrow, trick, or steal for money or face being dope sick. I HAVE BEEN ON Subs for five years and if I need to take them until I die I don't care I will never again wake up at 3:00am covered in sweat having a panic attack while trying to remember which ER I hit up last for my “back pain.”

Comment from: DONTDOIT, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 20

Look at the people who have written reviews that rave about this drug. They've only been on it for a month or so. When I first started this medication I thought it was a gift from God. I wish someone had told me the following before I took one of them! Long term use will damage your body, Your skin will yellow, you will feel weak, and I was also very tired and dizzy. Not to mention the damage it does to your liver. It is soo hard to get off of and you will experience pain and fatigue for months. I know you cannot believe everything on the internet but trust me, do not start this medication and if you do, only take it short term. This medication will rule your life and youll feel like a slave for your doctor, just telling him what he wants to here so you can get a refill just to be able to wake up in the morning, Beware everyone, this drug is a temporary fix to an addiction, but it will open up a whole other one that will make you almost immune to pain meds (if ever needed for injury). Also if youre prescribed to these, you will never get pain meds, This happened to me when i crushed my finger. I had to suffer. The doctors would give me shit. Suboxone is a money making scam for the doctors who could give two shits about there patients long term life changing effects from this drugs. Fox news did a whole story about this drug proving how wacked out the doctors are prescribing suboxone. Most doctors only take cash which should raise a red flag anyways, Fox said an only cash doctor can make up to 500k a year just prescribing this. And now that the feds are increasing the number of patients a doctor can have. Its such bullshit. My doctor appointments consisted of about 5 words. Thank god I got off it without telling him, that s.o.b would have kept me on it forever. BEWARE! If you decide to do a long term treatment plan, save this review and look at it a year from now, you will agree with everything...guaranteed!

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: JohnnyMaytag, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 20

Suboxone is a wonder drug IN MY OPPINION, for anyone who has a pain pill addiction. Taking suboxone is like having your normal brain again with nothing clogging it. I've taken 80+ MGs of Oxycontin per day with 3 Xanax and 5-8 Lortabs as kickers each day. Suboxone helped me easily turn away from these drugs, BUT I WANTED TO.... People who do not want to stop snorting or stop shooting up, probably won't. But if you want to stop, then this may be the right option for you.... I now only take about 1/4 of a Suboxone per day, UNDER THE TOUNGE, and everything is going great. The entire process took only a week to bump down ... One pill, then halves, then quarters .... This stuff works ...... My time on Suboxone is only about one month ... My time on Oxycontin and other Drugs is 5+ Years ...

Related Reading: Xanax

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 21

Beware this drug! Dr will says that the fact this drug causes physical withdrawal is a "misconception." I am currently on day 3 off suboxone, I tapered properly, all the way down to .25 mg/day. Take it from me, this drug is nearly as hard to get off as any other opiate, as far as withdrawals go. In fact, the withdrawals from suboxone last LONGER than those of oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc. Granted, the withdrawals aren't as severe, but they're just as miserable nonetheless. From experience, my advice would be to just bite the bullet for 4 or 5 days with the withdrawals from oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc. rather than prolonging the addiction. You're gonna find that you're digging yourself into an even deeper hole of suboxone addiction, and months later, when you want to get off suboxone, you'll have to face weeks of suboxone withdrawal when you could've had only a couple days of withdrawal and got on with your life months, or even years, earlier! We like to think doctors have our best interests in mind, but let's face it, money makes the world go 'round. When doctors have patients on suboxone, it translates to PAYDAY! Suboxone treament isn't cheap, it costs hundreds, sometimes even thousands a month. Dont get me wrong, a lot of drs care about their patients, but a surprisingly large amount (especially suboxone drs) are in it for the lucrative money that suboxone patients bring them. Like I said, if I could go back in time now I would've just dealt with the 5 days of oxycontin withdrawal and lived the last 6 months of my life without the hassle of addiction and having pills run my life. Make no mistake, you WILL build your life around your suboxone dose just like you had to do with oxy, vicodin, heroin, etc. So now 6 months later I'm looking ahead to another 2 wks of w/d, when I could've been normal half a year ago.