Sumavel DosePro User Reviews

Sumavel DosePro - User Reviews

Sumavel DosePro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sumavel DosePro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

I had a migraine for 4 days and my doctor had a sample to try and he tryed it on me and with in 30 mins i was back to normal. What a good drug. He wrote me a scrip and it's costly but worth every penny.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

I had another sever migraine a couple weeks ago, and knew from past experience that I would soon be passing out if something didn't nip this one in the bud. My Vicodin presricption wasn't touching it and I couldn't handle any light or sound. My mom drove me to see the doctor for a shot of Toradal, which never got really got rid of my migraines but has helped take the edge off in the past. The doctor suggested trying the Sumavel DosePro as an alternative and I'm glad she did. I went from an 8-9 on the pain scale to a 2-3 in twenty minutes. Nothing, not even IV drips in the past have worked this fast. The intial injection does hurt kind of like a wasp sting and leaves a welt that disappeared in under an hour. I know that its expensive but being able to function and not want to kill myself when the sound of my own breathing hurts is worth it.

Related Reading: Vicodin

Comment from: Arlo, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

Although I appreciated the releif from the mi8ghtaine, the PAIN from the needle free application needs some fine tuning. I can't imagine a needle application hurting that much.

Comment from: melzgurl423, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 26

I was traveling home from an event and had a headache trying to start so I just pull out my pen and injected it into my skin and within minutes I could feel it working on my headache. Fastest of all the medicines I taken orally but not as fast as the IV at the hospital.

Comment from: peg, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

Imitrex tablets have been my mainstay; bought this Sumavel because I was able to get the 6-dose box for only $15. Used Sumavel 90 minutes ago, so still waiting/hoping for full relief. Injection was extremely painful and bled, leaving a welt. I am experiencing much more nausea than usual since the injection, but can tell I'm already not as sensitive to light and sound as before dosing. Pain and nausea are stubbornly hanging on, but I'm hopeful.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 01

Relief in 20 minutes

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 17

great option

Comment from: 19-24 Published: July 27

I work at a drs office and i tried this med due to suffering for last 3 days with a migraine that wouldnt ease up with my usual migraine meds. The shot hurt EXTREMELY bad. But my headache is clearing up after about 20 minutes now.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 06

My Doctor gave me samples of this drug to try. The first one I tried was a dud and would not inject. Which is very frustrating when your in pain with a migraine. When the second one did work it was extremely painful, I guess they the pain of the injection takes your mind off of the pain in your head! My migraine was relieved for about 2 hours, then it came back. When I went to get the prescription filled my insurance would not cover it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

This medicine works great, a single dose lasts over 24 hours, witch means i can go on with my day with out having to worry of migraines

Comment from: Linda, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 08

I'm writing this response since my wife can't due to the autoinjector not functioning, just tried the 4th one. She's been using this medication for more than a year. We are experiencing about a 30% failed injection rate. They've replaced all of the injectors. But nothing is worse than having a failed medical device. When the device functions it does provide her 12 hours of relief. The medication is fine but the device needs to be re-evaluated/engineered.

Comment from: 20yrsopain, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 28

Nothing has worked for my migraines until this medication. It absolutely kills to inject and I feel like my head is going to explode minutes after the injection. Then I get a sensation like the skin is melting off of my upper arms but it eventually takes the headache away and I can function normally within an hour which is more than I can say for everything else I've tried. My only concern is what it is doing to my body long term.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.