Sumavel DosePro User Reviews

Sumavel DosePro - User Reviews

Sumavel DosePro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sumavel DosePro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ruth D, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 02

My daughter has had migraines for several months. During a recent attack,the pain was so bad she couldn't talk or see clearly. She told me to give her a shot (free sample from nurse practitioner).After shot,she broke out in rash and her stomach was convulsing.I called 911.Her blood pressure shot to 172/100.It is usually half that.5 hrs at hospital,4 days recovery, still episodes of dizziness. Allergic reaction nearly killed her.

Related Reading: rash | dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 12

I have to agree that it is a painful injections. I have a migraine everyday, but I can have severe ones that last about 2 to 3 weeks. When I inject myself with the medication it makes the migraines go to a dealable level within 15 minutes. I love this medication because I don't have to spend my day in the bed. I inject myself and I keep going. None of the pills work at giving my any relief. I have 4 children and I need something to help. This medication is very expensive, but I would rather pay the money and not have to spend days in the bed.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 02

The shot is painful and leaves a welt when I use it, but that pain is much better than the migraine. I usually have relief within 45 minutes to an hour. I use this about twice a month and as painful as the shot is, it works great for me with no symptoms or lasting effects afterwards.

Comment from: Godcoremom, 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 30

After having tried triptans before, with no relief I was not expecting anything but I had promised my Dr I would try it. After all, it was a free sample. IT WORKED!!! I am a migraine survior of 38 yrs, and the only thing that worked was PanlorSS, untill they pulled it off the market. I am so thankful for Sumavel.Sometimes, I need a pain pill along with it - but at least I have something in my purse as opposed to a trip to the urgent care !

Comment from: peg, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

Although headache was finally relieved two hrs after injection, it returned within the next 2 hours and I had to take a Sumatriptan tablet for relief. The Sumavel injection was quite painful, leaving blood and swelling. That would be worth it if it had been more effective. I was also left with overwelming weakness for several hours after dosing. Not going to try this again unless desperate -- will still with Sumatriptan tablets.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.