Suprax User Reviews

Suprax - User Reviews

Suprax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Suprax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: momma83, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 28

This medicine was prescribed for my 4 yr old daughter and after 4 days of use she developed diarhea, stomach cramps and red spots/rash that "itched","hurt" and "burned" her. Her UTI went away but these side effects were a terrible flip side of the coin too

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Annoyed, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 20

Thi si a terrible antibiotic with just one 400mg pill dose i develloped a nasty case of diarrhea which still wont go away. Only to find out the following '' Clostridium difficile-associated disease (CDAD) has been reported with use of many antibacterial agents, including SUPRAX.'' http://www.sanofi-aventis.ca/products/en/suprax.pdf

Related Reading: diarrhea | SUPRAX

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 20

I am 17, when i started to take this medicine i developed nausea. then after several days i developed gas cramps from the medicine along with an upset stomach. I would only recommend this for those who have a strong stomach.

Comment from: 1hott1, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 07

My granddaughter who is 6 just started taking Suprax yesterday for a UTI, and has already broke out in hives. I picked her up for my daughter today and was told by the Boys and Girls staff that she had broke out and was itching. I called my daughter and told her that she should stop giving it to her immediately. I gave her Benadryl to combat her hives.

Related Reading: hives | itching | Benadryl

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 12

My 2 1/2 year old daughter was prescribed this for a urinary tract infection. Her syptoms seemed to decrease the first 3 days, but before she had even finished the medication we had to go back to the doctor because her symptoms were back full force! It was also incredibly expensive, and I have relatively good insurance.

Related Reading: urinary tract infection

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 27

I was given this drug for a severe sinus infection. I had no side effects and within two days was feeling much better.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: Lauren26, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 03

The medicine did cause my son to have some diarrhea but so do most antibiotics. Around the time the 10 day treament ended, my 14 month old son began bruising and bleeding under his skin on his face(little red dots), and ended up spending the night at the hospital with a very low platlet count. If he hit his head his brain could bleed leading to stroke of even death.

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: medages, 0-2 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 22

prescribed for my daughter causing a severe breakout of little red spots all over the legs and arms. supposed to have been caused by a milk/dairy intake reaction.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 25

My 3 yr. old little girl was put on this and in the middle of treatment her feet swelled some, she was itching like crazy and broke out in hives everywhere. I had to take her to the E.R and get a steriod shot because it was so bad and the benadryl wasn't helping!!