Suprax User Reviews

Suprax - User Reviews

Suprax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Suprax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: try anyother antibotic for infection, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 16

My son 10 years old had terrible urinary problems. He cried and complained and pain while peeing. We were given Suprax 400mg table by our Dr. taking 1/2 of pill which would be 200mg per day for 4 days. He only weighs 72lbs.Six days later we think it cleared up his infection but the side effects of diarhea were horrible. He has now developed a irritation around his butt and can't go to school. The side effects of this drug are not worth it. I will never have my child or anyone in my family take this again. Plus finding information about his product stinks. Unhappy parent and child.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 05

My 3 year old daughter broke out into severe hives after about 5 days of treatment. We were in Hawaii at the time, made for a terrible trip.

Comment from: shellyh68, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 29

This is the second time I have taken this medication and it is horribly expensive even with my insurance! This time as I am finishing up the pills (last 2 days)I am having horrible Gas pains, and feel inflated! Also this afternoon...I started bleeding out my rectim, very bright red blood! Not a large amount(toilet water is not red, only a few drops, but totally covered toilet paper) So far it has happened 4 times (whenever I have used the restroom) but has decreased in amount each time, very scarey!! No traces in pants, that is why I am not at the ER! Still Scared the crap out of me!! Literally!!

Comment from: flbchgirl, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

This medication started out working quite well until day 4. I was feeling better with the infection , but then on the 4th day, i started getting severe stomaching cramping followed by intense diarehha. Had to then discontinue.

Published: January 08

65 year old male with acute throat, nose, and sinus infection courtesty of my 22 month old grandson. Started feeling better after only two days and was able to go back to the office after two more. the only side effect was terrible case of gas.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 25

A doctor gave me this for a sore throat even when he also said that I didn't have strep. He didn't verify it was bacterial. I took it and the sore throat went away, but then the day after I finished it, I developed colitis with diarrhea and had to go on another antibiotic, got dehydrated and went into the hospital. Don't take this unless you absolutely have to!! Now I may be more susceptible to the bad bacteria in the future. Missed 2 weeks of work to regain my strength and I'm a normally very healthy person. BE CAREFUL!

Related Reading: sore throat | colitis

Comment from: yoliking1967, 3-6 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 13

My 5 year old was given this med for strep throat,when i went to pick it up was told it was 477.00 dollars r u kidding me i called for another antobotic,that is my insurance price before insurance it was 549.00 unbelieveable!

Related Reading: strep throat

Comment from: Thankful, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 20

Along with the Suprax 1x/day 400 for 14 days, I took Florastor 2x/day a probiotic which works with antibiotics to restore good yeast in GI trac. I took Align (on going) in the evenings to restore good bacteria. I had the common side effects of Suprax; however, the Florastor reduced the effects after 4 days. Both probiotics are excellent to take in general.

Comment from: Amanda, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 11

This was prescribed for my 3 year old for a very aggressive and severe pink eye infection. The drug was very effective and worked quickly (as is should for the price). The taste was ok and she did not resist to taking the medicine. On the 3rd day, she did develop a mild case of diarrhea - possibly as a side effect.

Related Reading: pink eye

Comment from: Arkansan, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 23

My 10 y/o son was taking this medicine and he broke out in a rash all over his face. I thought it was from swimming but I see that it has not cleared up any.More research should be done on this medicine.